Peri Mental Pausal ..!!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders after finding this forum.

I would say (without realising it ) I have been peri menopausal for around 8 years, the thing i find hardest to deal with is the soaking wet bedding from the night sweats.

I too suffer with anxiety, irrational reactions to perfectly reasonable discussions from my fiancee and children.

I have decided to change my lifestyle, although I am only small and i do tend to eat well, there a loads of other things I could eat instead, i have decided to limit alcohol to only special occasions as this magnifies the whole situation especially the week before my cycle is due.

I thought I had a serious illness, I have aches and pains everywhere my bones click ALOT! and i have a headache daily. I can relate to everything I have read here today, and I feel truly relieved to find women in the same boat.

on my lunch hour I visited Holland and Barrett and she suggested Sage Extract called Menoforce especially for night sweats and also Evening Primrose Oil with B6.

has anyone else tried these, well lets see what happens I think it takes a couple of weeks to see results if youre one of the lucky ones.  Fingers crossed and hugs to you all x

4 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ali!  Primrose oil works and so does baking yams in the oven.  Yams are full of natural estrogen and if you bake them for an hour, put butter and cinnamon on them they are delicious!!  Like eating a pie.  Although I'm about 8-9 years in, I'm still crazy, lol, but this really helps.  Best!!
    • Posted

Excellent - I am going to try that and yams are delicious - i'm praying I'm not going to be one crazy lady for 8-9 years because it's really not fun!
    • Posted

Hi Joanne what are these yams and where you but them from, sounds real nice to eat! You mean we can eat and improve our estrogen as well, gotta be good! 
    • Posted

Hi Susan, Yams are also known as sweet potatoes (the orange ones), this sounds yummy.  We ususally roast them and eat them as a vegetable.
    • Posted

Hi Susan! Davida is right. You buy them in the grocery store, supermarket in vegetables/produce. They're a root vegetable. Roast/bake 350 degrees for an hour. Taste like pumpkin pie!! They are 100% natural estrogen. You can also buy Yam cream in Heath Food Stores & Yam roll on similar to deodorant. However, eating them is best. For most of us who are depleted in estrogen ( reason for the palpitations, imbalance, feel like you're going to fall ) we need all the estrogen we can get. smile
    • Posted

Hi well yes i see now i had a sweet potatoe a few weeks back twice in one week but as a baked potato in microwave and i didn't like the texture that much. had no idea i was eating estrogen!  So this why im getting palpatations then, an estrogen deficiency. Will persevere like i did with sprouts yukk, but its amazing what you can aquire a taste for when you know how good they are for you! 
    • Posted

Hi Joanne a yam roll on sounds good, wonder if it works as well as an ordinary full of toxins deodrants. I used a new one this morning and boy did it sting. had to wipe of as they say you get what you pay for,
    • Posted

Hi Susan, I'm sorry to hear that and YES do not use that.  I stopped using them myself even though I bought them at a reputable health food store.  Try eating them!  If anything, they are yummy!!  smile
  • Posted

Dear Ali

I do feel the sane about the forum. It is a great support network. I also didn't know what was wrong with me. I guess all those herbal remedies' effect vary from individual to individual. One has to work out what's best for themselves. It is not an easy road. I cannot take any HRT due to past experiences of mini -strokes. I am therefore very much open to an suggestions by this group.

I had a discussion with my gp today and he suggested some antideprasants but I am not sure yet-need to think about it. I feel not enough research has gone into women's health. We have to suffer in silence. Surely women going through menapouse needs care and support, not just antideprasants!

• Posted

I love this forum, it has made me feel less insane. It really can get you down when people don't understand how you feel. Thank goodness we can share and support each other and give great ideas that can help,

I haven't tried the Sage Extract but I took Evening Primrose Oil for several years. I haven't done this for a few years now but I'm taking other supplements hoping they'll make a difference. Welcome to the forum Ali x.

• Posted

I'm surprised to see just how many women think they have some serious illness which is being missed.

I have a friend who is doing meno with otc supplements and she swears by evening primrose.

It's one that I haven't tried but I have a cupboard full to bursting with things I have!

I've tried b vitamins and B6 alone.

B12 is the one for energy and I still take it even though I'm now on HRT.

I also tried niacin (b3) this just made me very red and tingly and it was not for me as it gives you a niacin flush. The first few times I didn't find it unpleasant but upping the dose the flush was scary.

• Posted

Hi ladies, are you sure Yam and the sweet patatoes are the same?  I checked online and they are different e.g sweet pat is high in Beta cerotene while yam is very low?!  So please someone clarfy?  We woold like to try the correct veggie. I think Americans call the sweet pas yam. But yamisa different vegie, IS IT?
    • Posted

Yams and sweet potatoes are two completely different things. Google "yams". They are brighter orange in color and sweeter. They are a root vegetable. They really help!!
    • Posted

Maybe they are different things in different countries. I am in country Australia and I have always been told yams are sweet potatoes.  Mind you, there are orange ones, white ones with purple skin, white ones with white skin and white with purple rings inside with a cream skin.  Basically I think we classify anything that is not a normal potato as a sweet potato, which is probably no help to any of you lovely ladies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.