Peri Mental Pausal ..!!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders after finding this forum.

I would say (without realising it ) I have been peri menopausal for around 8 years, the thing i find hardest to deal with is the soaking wet bedding from the night sweats.

I too suffer with anxiety, irrational reactions to perfectly reasonable discussions from my fiancee and children.

I have decided to change my lifestyle, although I am only small and i do tend to eat well, there a loads of other things I could eat instead, i have decided to limit alcohol to only special occasions as this magnifies the whole situation especially the week before my cycle is due.

I thought I had a serious illness, I have aches and pains everywhere my bones click ALOT! and i have a headache daily. I can relate to everything I have read here today, and I feel truly relieved to find women in the same boat.

on my lunch hour I visited Holland and Barrett and she suggested Sage Extract called Menoforce especially for night sweats and also Evening Primrose Oil with B6.

has anyone else tried these, well lets see what happens I think it takes a couple of weeks to see results if youre one of the lucky ones.  Fingers crossed and hugs to you all x

4 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ali Its all wonderful to hear about these Vitamin B and other natural sweet potato and Yam and all the rest of Natural remedies..BUT menopause symptoms I feel require either HRT or other stronger westernn medication because our hormones fluctuate as the years pass us by.  I am Post Menopuase confirmed by blood test...but still on HRT because my body lacks estrogren. I wish you all the best on your journey...Remember you are not alone...this site is wonderful....

Goodnight and sweet dreams hope you dont have any sweaty dreams.

xx

• Posted

Yes estrogen does the trick! Also ladies you can get plant based HRT these are made using wild yams and soy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.