Peri or depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies. I know all these symptoms over-lap. As of the last couple of weeks the only symptom is extreme fatigue. The twitching and muscle jerks have lessened a lot. Trying to eat some bananas? lol. Not sure if that helped. Anyway, I always have some degree of health anxiety. I take an antidepressant and Ativan if it is really bad. This morning a friend of mine called me to check on me bc she said I wasn't acting like myself last time she saw me. Well, anxiety immediately went up, my appetite went out the window and I wanted to cry. I have dr appt on Friday to go over routine lab work, and now I'm scared he is going to find something wrong. Thanks for your support. This is so hard.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had the twitching and muscle jerks as well. They are gone.....hopefully for good but who knows lol! I do the same as you with anxiety except I stopped talking to everyone for awhile that wasnt in my immediate family circle. I got off of facebook, stopped watching negative tv shows and didnt want to deal with anything. My daughters boyfriend told me that I seemed to be doing better and I lost it.....crying felt like day one again. And he said I was doing better lol! This is all part of it so dont get too worked up......remember nobody knows how you feel unless they have been there. You will be ok! Please make sure that you force yourself to eat a little something because food is fuel to keep you going and thats what you need. Praying for you smile

• Posted

Becky,

Thank you so much for the reply. It is so relieving to know that someone else had the twitches and jerks. It scares the day lights out of me. I'm thinking it's worse when my anxiety is up or when I have some caffeine (which is rare). I actually had about a 1/4 cup of coffee this afternoon bc I was desperate. It did give me energy but now I'm just feeling very uneasy (if that even makes sense)

What is your age (if you don't mind telling) and how long have you been going through this?

• Posted

I also wanted to say that I quit Facebook, a lot of tv shows, and would stay home 24/7 of i could. Social anxiety makes me feel so awkward around people. Lately when we go to church, I go straight to my seat and back to the car as quick as I can. I probably seem like a strange bird to people. We haven't lived here that long, so I don't know a lot of people here.

• Posted

Your welcome! I think it is the anxiety and Im sure the caffeine doesnt help. I do you know the uneasy feeling too! Its all part of this nightmare. I am 48 and have been going through all of the anxiety, mental and emotional stuff for 6 months. The irregular periods have been since 2009. This is such a tough transition the 6 months have been the worst.
    • Posted

We sound the same! There are so many ladies on here that are just like that as well. The site is a blessing! How old are you and what state do you live in. If you dont feel comfortable answering its ok smile

• Posted

This site is such a blessing. I honestly believe I was praying so much about this that God directed me here for comfort. I am 44. I live in Ga.
    • Posted

Your exactly right thats why found this site smile Glad your here! I wish some of us lived in the same state so that we could form a support/prayer group. Im in Ca. This site is works just as well though smile We have a prayer for peri post in case you havent seen it. Take care and if you need my help let me know. Praying for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.