peri or menopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I have a broken tooth which is really sensetive any thing hot or cold will make me scream i have had to wait for my dental appointment for a month as my dentist is fully booked .

But also strange that i also keep getting pain in my jaw and ear it feels like every tooth is hurting .Is anyone else going through anything simular at all i hate being in pain like this taking tablets to help the pain everyday !

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Kim the pain and discomfort are all tooth related..not menopause. Take your painkillers regularly and coat the broken tooth in toothpaste for relief until you can get in to see your dentist. Most tooth pain will travel to your jaw and ear

• Posted

Could be the start of an abscess from the broken tooth giving you pain in other teeth.

Or could be blocked sinus giving you all over tooth pain, when I started peri menopause I developed sinus problems

• Posted

I would put it down to the tooth not the menopause. I had a broken tooth and the pain is probably from nerve endings.

I have always used clove oil for tooth pain and you can get that at the chemist/pharmacy.

Lastly there is nothing worse than toothache so seek advice from the above and they will help, and I don't mean the angels I mean the pharmacy.lol

• Posted

Clove oil works like a charm! Everyone should have some in their cabinet!

Also, smearing sensodyne toothpaste all over the gum and tooth at night helps calm everything down.

• Posted

Yes!!! I have clove oil and totally forgot about it!! I used it a couple years ago and it helped a lot.

• Posted

Yes take the pain meds... don't need to make it worse. Maybe protein smoothies would help getting food down without bothering your tooth or even luke warm soup. I hope your on the waiting list for next cancellation to get in faster!! Take Care.

• Posted

I get the pain in my jaw and ear fairly frequently. I hope you get to see your dentist soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.