Perimenapause or something serious please help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm 47, and periods have been a bit weird ,37 day cycle at Christmas then a 15 day cycle ,had period for 3 days normally longer,then normal period ,then 6 days after finishing started spotting ,2 weeks today been spotting but think started right period couple of days ago,been refereed to gyno but 18 week wait time,so worried ,how you supposed to know if it's normal or not,so scared ,also never been a 37 day cycle in my life,usually 26 about 😢

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tbh I'm surprised you have even been referred to a gyno, sounds very normal peri symptoms to me lol, I had a lot of mid cycle spotting.  I should keep a day to day diary of all your symptoms and you will probably be able to detect a pattern which will be useful when you go and see someone.
    • Posted

Thanks,I have started to write down,dates etc,it's good to get advice on hear as you are not sure what's normal 
    • Posted

From memory with hindsight my mid cycle spotting usually occurred so many days before my next period, so although the cycles were all different lengths it clearly related to ovulation.
    • Posted

Thanks,starting to feel a bit more calmer,it's good to know other people have had same 
  • Posted

Hi Vanessa

Try not to worry, my periods were always regular up to about 49, im now 52. Sometimes i can go 18 days between then as long as 60 days, most are around 28-33 but it changes &  everyone is different. Sounds like the menopause.

Look after yourself . Hope you feel reasurred. x

• Posted

Thank you,everyone has been so nice on here,just good to know I'm not the only one
  • Posted

The main thing  about perimenopause is that there is no "normal" or abnormal is normal :S. I have not had much trouble about that but I have heard ladies with long lasting periods.  Main concern is if loose too much blood, and it is not your case.  It is probably nothing to be scared, Vamessa.  Just check with your gyno to be sure.  There are ladies with 2 month-cycles and it is pretty normal for Peri.  Hugs.

• Posted

Thank you,I feel a lot better now with all the positive comments,don't feel so worried xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.