Perimenopausal problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

This started at the same time the perimenopause symptoms started,  I have a fear being closed in.  I can not even think of wearing a woven shirt.  It has no stretch to it and I feel as if I would totally freak out if I put one on.  And at night I can not stand to be tucked in anywhere.  I have to sleep on top of the bedding with just blankets on, NO TUCKING!!  And if I'm sitting in my chair watching TV snuggled up under a  blanket  I start getting nervous and have to throw out my arms.  Does anyone have this problem like this but me??  My mother also has problem with this.  Do I blame my mother or chalk it up to menopause??

?thanks for any input,  Lori

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori, I remember when I first went through this I put a cardigan on and had to drag it off didn't feel right like you become sensitive to your own clothes, I have to get tight things off if I'm hot or high necks polo jumpers because I feel strangle by them, I can't wear anything to light because I feel more cold can't win.

• Posted

I don't have an issue with clothing, however I do get panicked if I feel like I can't "get away" from a situation, or if someone is too close to me. I can be fine, and then suddenly a switch flips and I feel like I need to get up, get out, get away from whoever is touching me.   Good times.

• Posted

That's anxiety.  It comes in many forms.  But wanting to escape and run away is a common feeling.  Get rid of stimulants in your routine.  

• Posted

You are so not alone in this! This seems to be my biggest trigger (next to warm or spicy food and drinks) of hot flashes. I have always had feelings of claustrophobia but so much worse now. And, anything restricting (yes clothes too) sends my hot flash hormones into overdrive. ? helps: loose cotton, exposed feet and arms, and cool (verge of frostbite) resting/sleeping bedding. Good luck 2 u!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.