Perimenopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been feeling off balance and lightheaded for about a year now. I had all sorts of blood work and tests done and everything comes back normal. My doctor is thinking it may be hormonal. Has anyone else felt this dizzy off-balance feeling as a symptom of perimenopause?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Theres a forum on this. And a huge yes. You should visit oeri menapausal or menaoausal forum in general.
  • Posted

Usually, light-headedness and a feeling of off-balance/dizzyiness is an inner ear disorder, or symptom of something going on in the inner ear. Now, did you see an actual MD, or one of those "nurse practitioner" or para-medical person? Ive noticed in my experience, tests are coming back "Negative" and many symptoms are mis-diagnosed on account of non-MD's being the main point of contact for patients now. When they take your symptoms and complaints, and they leave the room for a moment to go "look at some things" what they are doing is using a computer program, they simply click thru "Yes" or "No" buttons on the screen, not doing what a real MD would do- which is use his own mind and experience to diagnose. This is a frightening and rather sickening new form of medicine that is pervasive around the globe. I am very afraid of the next generation, who will never get a chance to see a real doctor, but be seen by "just any one" that will diagnose (or misdiagnose!) them using some corporations profit-making computer software program.

• Posted

When I feel off balance I hold my nose and close my mouth and blow till my ears pop do that a couple times a day for like a day or two and it goes away!
  • Posted

I have it gets better but always comes back hang in there and yes it made my anxiety so much worse perimenopause has made my anxiety so severe it's horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.