Perimenopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anyone have natural remedies for perimenopause?

I have had every symptom

Acid reflux

Heartburn

Itchy skin

Rash

Night sweat

Anxiety

Panic attacks

Impending doom

Breast pain

Muscle aches

Please help.....

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara, if you have a look on the other discussions someone has an idea

about all these symptoms and more.

Don't worry there is help for you.

All the best?

• Posted

hi sarah i have had all of above, still have bar, acid reflux/heartburn or night sweats although they bound to return - all i know is the meno is a living hell and never in my worst dreams did i envisage a time like this, how cruel for us women.

natural remedies fine if you can find way though it all as is with conventional HRT, seems trying before you are lucky enough  to find some help.

i cant get my head around why we feel impending  doom and anxeity though  - do you have that ?, especially on waking mornings if so its trully awful.    there is lots of good info on here and the menopause matters website.  all the best debi

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I can relate to all of your symptoms and one thing that helps me through is mindfulness practice where I sit quietly and focus on the breath. I know this may sound crazy but there are many benifits to mindfulness. First you focus the mind on the breathing and away from the symptoms but more than this the itching can be worsened by stress caused by other symptoms. The impending doom feeling is horrible but once the stress levels reduce, so do the feelings. Failing that - a cup of chamomile or liquorice tea helps with relaxation

• Posted

Stress makes all these things worse, but the symptoms make you stressed.

Take one thing at a time and focus on finding a remedy for that and you will

probably find some of the others will disappear, at least for a while.

Try not to worry things will get better, just follow the advice of the wise

ladies😊😊

Hope you are feeling better very soon.

• Posted

Many thanks concentrating on the heartburn any suggestions?
    • Posted

I just take Rennies. You could try drinking milk I have heard that can help.

Will get back to you if I find any other remedies. 😊

• Posted

My husband recommends you have Alka Saltsa (can get it from

£1 shop, UK) he says it is good for everything! 😊😊

• Posted

Hi, Sarah ~

Love that you want to look to natural remedies, first. I agree with that. Aromatherapy helps. Lavender-Honey Tea helps with anxiety; meditation; yoga, music; exericse; proper Vitmain supplementation; a healthy diet; lots of water and lots of solid sleep. These are all natural remedies that when practiced, regularly, DO HELP. However, there are occasions when all the healthy living just can't alleviate a hormonal imbalance. I'd rather take bioidentical hormones for a short period of time, than narcotics to manage the symtoms of an untreated imbalance. I love that you want natural remedies. I think most of us really want that, as well. It's hard to live just perfectly within that sweet spot of balance though, in fact, I think we pay for it later with the severity of our perimenopause and menopause, if we didn't take care of ourselves really well while younger. I've had to address a lot of things, naturally first, and now ... I'm ready to seek additional support through bioidentical hormone replacement therapy because some of this stuff--this anger, these waves of depression, this foggy brain, these odd aches and pains, this ANXIETY (ugh!), and just this overall sense of unwellness, this is what has got to go, for me.

I'm only "44!" I want to live my life NOW, not wait for one week a month where I feel "ok." Here's to natural remedies though, I seek them out first. I've also heard something about arctic ruby oil, evening primrose, methylfolate, and well, even Marijuana. I think I've about exhausted my version of natural remedies. Good luck with your research! I wish you the best as your search for the answers you need.

MoonLeaf

;-) ...

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I have been dealing with Nausea since January 2016 and I think my anxiety came because of back/forth Dr visits and the frustration of not knowing what was the cause- 😢

I had every test performed & finally came to my own conclusion that I am peri menopausal at 52-

I do not take the Zofran that was prescribed as I prefer all that is natural (less chance of xtra symptoms from side effects)😉

I start my morning with lemon water and drink chamomile tea or warm ginger water throughout the day, there are days that I still have nausea though but on a much lower grade level..

to avoid constipation or digestiv discomfort.. I consume oatmeal and try to eat 1 teaspoon a day of virgin coconut oil on my toast-

I also have found that oil-pulling at least once a day keeps the toxins and aches away (or that general sick feeling)-

I also drink 4 ounces of tart cherry juice (again for body soreness and digestive help)

take 2 vit c & fish oil daily & try to walk a little every day... that has helped me manage, along with finding this forum!👍

Hope this is info provides some help- ; -)

• Posted

Dear Sarah

I had all of these symptoms and they seem to come and go, it does get better, I don't have the impending doom feelings now, a good multi vit for over 50's has helped with the anxiety and panic. I had gastitis with the increased acid reflux and had to avoid caffeine, alcohol and fatty foods but can eat them all again now. It seemed like forever but it does pass hang in there xx

• Posted

Thank you so much which multi vitamin did you use?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.