Perimenopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all.   I'm not sure if  it's starting.  I have anxiety which I have had for about ten years,  but has got worse the last few months.  I have headaches, itchy skin on my elbows, muscle pain in my legs and feeling tired. The worse thing is what could be hot flushes.  Not to the point where I sweat,  just feeling warm which is uncomfortable.  I take Pregabalin for the anxiety and also take Mirtazapine for sleep.  I wanted to ask if anyone takes medication and also any herbal remedies. I did ask my doctor about them but they said they wouldn't recomment it. And I'm sure some meds can't be taken with some remedies. I haven't seen my doctor about it yet and some can just pass it off as only anxiety.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can check into Bach flower remedies.  They can be taken no matter what meds you are on.  They seem to be helping me bigtime...I have quickly been coming back to my old self, thank goodness.  They REALLY take ALL the anxiety away within minutes and last all day.  There are different ones for different types of anxiety, the most popular being rescue remedy, but look deeper at the individual flower essense products, they are amazing and they work!

Three weeks ago I was a suicidal mess of anxiety and fear...along with just being in a fog, tired and very distracted. I noticed a HUGE difference within 20 minutes of my forst dose and have been doing better and better since I have been taking a mix of five difference essenses daily.

• Posted

Hi.  I've tried Rescue spray,  the  sweets and the ones that melt on your tongue.  Unfortunately they haven't done anything for me.  I've bought Sage tablets which are supposed to help with the flushes.  I'll ask my doctor if they are ok to take with medication.

• Posted

I have heard black cosh good. Ask in holland and barret. Itchy skin can be a sympton or pre menapause it says on websites
    • Posted

I have bought Sage tablets (Menoforce) for hot flushes.  I haven't taken them yet.  I asked the pharmacist if there are any interactions with Pregabalin and Mirtazapine,  but she couldn't find any info on it.

• Posted

Could be. But I also had hot flashes with my anxiety so it could just be the anxiety. Never heard of itchy elbows. ...
  • Posted

Oh yes...I experience everything you have mentioned with this perimenopause. Including the itchy elbows.. I do wish it all would end! It's horrible..Never know from day to day how I'm going to feel..My best to you!

• Posted

Thank you.  Same here.  Can't plan ahead.  I thought it was something to do with my medication,  but they have only been itching for the past few weeks. I can feel them itching all the time.  They are red and sore.

• Posted

Yeah. I have read somewhere that some women experience dry, itchy elbows during perimenopause. Mine will go through spells where they itch so much. They also get little bumps on them at times when they itch. The anxiety is awful. Then at times I fear every ache and pain is a deadly disease of some sort. Alot of times, I don't know how I'm going to make it through another day at work. It's a roller coaster ride . Just wish it would end. I'll be 49 in January, hoping and praying the perimenopause will all be over soon. I sure do hope you get to feeling better with your problems you experience. I feel for you. It's not easy...

• Posted

Same here.  Different day and another symptom pops up. I do the stupid thing of googling my symptoms,  which is not a good idea.
  • Posted

Hi over the years i have seen proprananol work really well for anxiety. You could try n changemeds.
    • Posted

I've been on so many different meds for anxiety, some which gave me horrible side effects.  Pregabalin only works to some extent.   

• Posted

Hi love is your lifestyle and relationships okay? Just a question as anxiety can be a factor from the ennviroment or over work ect ect. If anxiety is disabilatating you could see a counsellor. They can help with that.
    • Posted

Hi.  My anxiety started when I had IBS (apparently it's connected).  I used to get a fear of being ill while I was out driving.  I still get it now when driving. The IBS has calmed down, but I still have the anxiety

• Posted

I've started seeing a counsellor,  only had one session with her.  So hope this helps with the anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.