Perimenopause anxiety, nausea, mild depression

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi ladies I've been experiencing perimenopause symptoms for last few months, ny life has turned upside down. Anxiety, palpitations, nausea, vomiting headaches and ear ringing. My question to you ladies, have you tried any supplements that help relieve these symptoms? Has anyone tried magnesium and B-Complex ? Is it helping? My nausea is pretty much a daily thing now, I can't eat much. Feel tired and restless. What are you all trying that's helping you cope with this peri monster?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello dramisha,

When I was in the peri monster years, I went on a birth control bill, Ovacon35. It stopped everything!  My doctor transitioned me into HRT when I started menopause at age 50-51 I am 61 and still taking it.  I will until I die! 

Prior to I tried all sorts of vitamins and supplements, Evening Primrose Oil was one I remembered was supposed to do well, nothing worked for me.

Good Luck, wishing you well. 

• Posted

Mine started at 41 . Periods were regular but the anxiety panic intrusive thoughts and just a feeling of not being in my own body lasted many months. I also think the trauma of this affected me so didn’t feel right for many many months maybe even a year. I learned to live with the panic anxiety which is no life . 

You don’t want to go though this as our years are valuable . So try the BCP and nip it on the bud . 

Now I’m going through the same thing at 52 which is a nightmare but at least through this forum I know what it is . 

• Posted

I went on the HRT patch at 51 but in my 40’s had terrible symptoms too. I rode it out 10 years ago naturally as had no clue about hormones . 

I think if you do it naturally it eventually levels out as was for me but I always had the panic anxiety . Alternatively you can do BHRT or HRT . It’s a terrible time for women that i shamedly knew nothing about . All you get when people say ‘menopause’ is an ‘eye roll’ . The b’s are great for energy and ashwanganda and Kota kola for stress..... it takes a bulldozer though to get through this time so if you want quick relief the patch . It can make you teary and depressed though .

• Posted

Thank you ladies, it feels good to hear from you ladies who have gone through the same. I had no idea what was happening until one day I suddenly broke out in sweat and palpitations. That's when I first realized it's perimenopause. My periods are so irregular. My ob/gyn put me on low dose birth control, it's almost 3 months since I started taking it. Hoping it will help balance hormones but it's giving me really bad nausea.

• Posted

You should start to feel relief this next month, if not your doctor may want to switch you to another BCP, sometimes they have to find one that is best for you.
  • Posted

I would try Ginger Gum if you can find it.  I have bouts of nausea due to hormones and migraines and the ginger gum is very helpful.  I don't know what country you are in but I am in the US and I buy it at CVS.  It is hear the antacids.  Peppermint tea helps me as well.  

• Posted

Hi dramisha

I take a multi vitamin, a b vitamin, herbal remedies such as argnit for anxiety, valerian for day and night. I'm not sure what is/isn't working tbh because I'm also taking bhrt but I feel much better xx

• Posted

So funny you say that as how do we know what’s working when we’re taking so many things . My ex always said just try one thing stick with it .... as you’ll never know what’s working ... however when you’re desperate it’s like ... pile it on!!

I’m doing supplements HRT acupuncture and EMDR therapy ... something has to work ! 

• Posted

What’s your dose of BHRT if you don’t mind me asking .... I was on it for 2 weeks and nothing changed but eventually when I level out would like to go back on it over the HRT .i have appt at my drs tomorrow for my refill of HRT but she wants to do a wellness check that’s mammogram and all that stuff. Sick of being pricked and prodded and I don’t do mammograms because of the radiation.  So sick of drs and focusing on me ! 
  • Posted

My worst time of gastritis was after taking a strong round of antibiotics no apetite, reflux bla bla....Now I am still experiencing nausea but not so immensely.I was wondering if vitamin complex could irritate your stomach...I would suggest a mild antacid and avoid  PPI's because this type of medicines may cause worst symptoms.

All the symptoms you mentioned are due to low estrogen....It is the hormonal imbalance that cause all this chaos in our body.

• Posted

I started taking magnesium recently. 250mgs twice a day. I’ve been taking it for about a month along with B-12, E, D and a multi vitamin. I’d say there is improvement but no miracle yet 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.