Perimenopause. Can't stand it anymore.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all.

I'm posting this as I feel desperate at the moment. I feel like I'm mad. I feel so ill. Up all night with burning mouth,lips,tongue. Acid reflux and burning nose. Had a sweat 7 am,got all wet and cold. Stomach is so unsettled and my ears are ringing so bad. My feet and hands are freezing. I am shattered,I can't sleep because these symptoms are so severe. I feel like I can't go on like this. Sorry to moan but this is not me and I can't take it. 😣

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle, you must go & see your doctor or better still a well woman clinic. They were great to me, I ended up going on HRT but I dont care as I feel normal again! Dont suffer go & get help!
    • Posted

Hi

I went to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed me HRT. I can't start it until first day of my period which is another 3 weeks or just under. I am taking supplements. I really need to do something now. Is this all peri?

• Posted

Aww Michelle, I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Definitely go back to the doc and get some help. I'm sure it's something you can take now to help with the symptoms. Peri can be horrible. Hope you get some relief soon.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle I am the same just feel rubbish all the time all ways have a cold get worse when my period is due ,My doctors are not that good iam on hrt I would go to the doctors but make sure they listen to you

I am better on hrt as when I first started Perimenpause I could not leave the house I did not go to work for 4 months They say your immune system is low and I think is why I all ways have a cold

Take care

Paula

• Posted

Maybe change your toothpaste to Sensodyne ProNamel, but get the one without the whitener. At least I found regular toothpaste or ones with the whiteners in it bother me more. Doesn't hurt to give it s try.
  • Posted

Michelle - go get some HRT no-one should have to put up with all thF you are experiencing - feel so much for you - promise your symptoms will ease so quickly. The best of brains are working on this so we don't have to suffer these awful complaints. Do something today - make a small change - it will make a HUGE difference. Good luck - I shall follow your progress - now go to itsmile

Loui xx

• Posted

Oh thankyou. I feel like crying because you replied and understood. I have been prescribed HRT but can't start it until my period starts. I wish I could get some today xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I'm so sorry you feel so very terrible, but you are absolutely not alone. I know how scary these feelings can be. I thought my peri symptoms were getting better again then WHAMMY last night heart palpitations again and extreme terror and anxiety ended me in the ER for 7 hours. Of course once they did an EKG and hooked me up to heart monitor and blood pressure monitor for 5 hours not one palpitation. Figures. Anyway chest X-ray and blood work all okay too. Like always. Being alone with the symptoms late at night is the WORST. Sometimes I even feel better just being at the ER as crazy as it sounds. I hope the HRT helps you. I'm seeing my gynecologist next week to talk about HRT and options about my very enlarged uterus.

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

Oh poor you. I feel for you. I know what you mean about feeling safe with someone. It's like they are looking after you. My problem is when I have panic and palpitations I can no way get to A &E. I panic I'll be worse getting there. Can you go on HRT? I started the patches today.
    • Posted

Aww Debbie, I'm sorry you had a bad expierence with it. I know the feeling though. That is one of the worst symptoms for me and I always seem to get it at night. The panic immediately sets in and makes it worse. I wish this was one of the many symptoms we didn't have to have. It's bad feeling unwell. But those palps make it worse. It's absolutely horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.