PeriMenopause?! I was fearing worse, but then 😖

Posted , 8 users are following.

I found this site by just typing my symptoms in Google search. ( female, 50, painful joints; knees, ankles hips, lower back and fatigue)

My mind was imagining the worst things. One of which Rheumatoid arthritis! My mom and her sister had it. I eat fairly healthy, could stand to shed a few pounds and recently had through walking. (163lb, 5'2) But in the last few months these symptoms have increased. Haven't seen my OB/GYN in about three years. Probably time to make an appt.

Once I had went about 15 yrs! They said "tell us you've just been going somewhere else?!" 😁 I said time just passes before I know it! Anyway,. Sure is nice to see I'm not alone in this!!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When I was in peri, I started having swelling in the joints in my hands. Couldn't put my ring on! In the mornings, they were so stiff. Then I ended up with a trigger thumb and had to have surgery. I had tests for all kinds of things including rheumatoid arthritis. Couldn't find anything and never mentioned to me that hormones could play a role. But that was almost 4 years ago and I am post menopause. No problems anymore. So yes, peri can cause that.
  • Posted

Hi Gina,I have aches,  pains,fatigue and anxiety,it's hard most days.You ve come to right place,all the lovely ladies here will help you with any questions you have 😊X 
  • Posted

I am just finishing my period , but I feel so poorly I really don't know what's wrong with me . I am nearly 49 and I seem to have a lot of problems throughout the month with low aches discharge , migraines and general headaches you name it I seem to have it . I just feel really low this morning . Been feeling sicky since Wednesday and churning stomach , off food , heavy again yesterday with clots my fifth day . Thankfully that seems to be stopping now but still have low ache . This morning came over so hot , another time I get the quick hot flashes that don't last long ,but then once I cool down I often feel chilly . I'm worried with all these stomach issues . The doctors must be fed up with me . They've said its all age , anxiety and grief following my mums death last year . Sorry to bombard you with all these symptoms but I am so worried and fed up of feeling ill . I am on anti depressants . Help please X
  • Posted

Forgot to add I am really achy in my legs and generally all over I suppose . Feel like I've run a marathon . I was anaemic last year with my periods . And my memory's bad lol
    • Posted

I can relate to your loss. I lost my mom when I just turned 21. I had a two year old daughter that loved her dearly,. And five days after her death I had my second daughter. Then, when my girls were 16 and 18, my hubby died in a car accident. I wasn't near menopause then,. I can only imagine this body going through that!

Have you tried taking a magnesium supplement? It takes a few weeks of regularly taking it, but it helps the aches. In addition, I drink a mixed drink of a cup of slightly warm water with 2 tbs of honey and 2 tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar. I drink it 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner. You can read about it online smile

• Posted

Hang in there Jane! We can all learn and encourage each other!

I just yesterday admitted to my doctor the silly bad memory things that I excuse away. My daughters and husband notice it alot! I try to encourage myself that,. Oh, I was just distracted or in deep thought and forgot needed information.. At least it has been documented and we'll go from here!

Family doctor should notify me tomorrow with blood test results. And in the morning at 8am I have an appt with my OBGYN. They may have no answers, but finding this site of ladies has been a Godsend.. true support!

• Posted

I take B12 – 1000ug in the mornings. In the evening I take Osteocare original by Vitabiotics it has (Calcium-Magnesium-D3 & Zinc) the magnesium is for muscle pain & D3 is for bone pain. I have researched this as I had pain all over especially in my arms & neck & couldn’t bare the pain any longer it was driving me insane! I am so happy this has worked for me, it took a good couple of months to kick in but I feel like my old self again! Doctors don’t seem to know enough about the change & as long as you get all your blood test done, its better trying an alternative. I am now on HRT which has stopped my night sweats & I can finally get a good night sleep.

I also put flax seeds in my porridge & juice, vegetables only & always with some beetroots, good for the blood!

Hope this helps, good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.