Perimenopause? Maybe?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Diagnosed with gastritis but not going away. Awaiting salivary hormone testing results. I am 46 and having a helluva time right now. Stomach aches almost always. My ribs hurt. My skin is itchy with a few tiny dots and I feel like I am burning, but no fever. Hmmm. What else. Sometimes I forget the symptom until it reappears. Sleep issues, definitely. Liver pain, not bad but there. Almost like pressure, but blood and scans say nothing wrong. Really bad tingling and burning around ovulation AND menstruation, so there goes half my month. I'm hoping the results of my hormone testing explain all of this, but what if they don't? Has anyone had salivary hormone testing done? What did your results say and did it help knowing? My anxiety (oh wait! That's the other big symptom!) is through the roof thinking I am dying. I went to emerg. Had bloodwork all good. Absominal ultrasound AND CT with contrast. Also fine. Awaiting endoscopy appointment to check inside my tum. I've never had health issues so this is scaring me.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you are going through all that!! I have some of the same issues.. I also have lower back pain, hip pain and burning sensation in my calf’s!! Heath anxiety!! I am going for a salivary test next week!! Hope you feel better 
    • Posted

Hi Brittay 123, i have been having low back issues since i pulled my back in december, for the past 2 months i have has pains in my calfs mainly the left calf. i have muscle twitching in my back and calf too. i currently have sciatic which, i have had 4 weeks. I also have random pains on my rib cage back and front like electric  shocks  they last seconds then gone. I think i have got IBS but, not been to the drs. I am so feb up.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer, gastritis was one of my first symptoms, it appeared about 6 months before all my other horrendous symptoms hit. I had an upper endoscopy which confirmed it. I really watched what I ate, and had to stop taking nsaids. It took a while to get better but it did. When my symptoms hit hard I had every test, mir's, ct scans, oodles of bloodwork. Initially I had high liver enzymes, very high, but they came down to normal. An ultrasound showed bad gall bladder (that's questionable) and I had that removed. It didn't help. I had all the symptoms you have and more. Some doctors said my hormones were normal, others said they weren't. I think it just depends on when you are testing since hormones go up and down with the cycle. Are your periods getting a bit wonky? When everything hit me it coincided with my periods changing and I was always very regular beforehand.  

It's really difficult to understand how hormones can make you feel so bad. 

• Posted

My periods are getting worse. Bright red and heavy first day. And near-debilitating bad cramps and sick. 😩

• Posted

I have been on this same journey since have my first born 21 years ago. My hypothyroidism was diagnosed and a myriad of digestive issues followed. I was diagnosed with gastritis, IBS, diverticulitis. All the meds the gastroenterologist Rx’d messes with my eyes and put me on the couch.  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic fatigue.  I was prescribed Zoloft, Effexor, Cymbalta, Celebrex and stopped all of them when diagnosed with several food allergies including gluten.  Since stopping the prescribed meds except Synthroid and changing my diet to gluten-free and sugar reduction, my digestive issues have improved.  My wake up call was when my internist prescribed Inderal since Imitrex needed daily for severe Migraines. My mom had taken Inderal for 30 years and it sapped her energy so I sai” no thank you” and started looking for answers through diet. supplements and herbs.  I’m 51 headed into menopause  now and for the last 20 years, I have found that diet and exercise are the two most important to a healthier me.  I still have episodes of digestive issues from hidden gluten when I eat outside my home and they are severe but that just tells me how far I’ve come. 

I had gallbladder removed so there’s no bile to help my food digest so I take digestive aids such as Pepsin, enzymes, Aleo Vera, L-Glutamine, priobiotics.  As we age our natural supply of chemicals in our body become scarce. No doctor has been able to help me so I knew I had to help myself. I am the CEO of my health. Good luck. 🦋 

• Posted

This is definitely hormones am going through the same thing it has been 5 months since this started I have had all kind of symptoms such dizziness, anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, depression. I was admitted in psych ward for 2 weeks now am med for anxiety,depression and sleep. U are not alone I wish someone warn me about this. Am still not quiet well because the anxiety is omnipresent. Hope you will feel better this shall pass
    • Posted

Yes it sure isn't very fun! My anxiety isn't overwhelming yet, except where my health is concerned. All of these symptoms "could be" something else. So I hate those thoughts. I am seeing my doc this week to ask about anxiety meds for getting through this. Best of luck to you. I hope you're sleeping better now. Sometimes that really takes the edge off. If I could just sleep, I probably wouldn't need the anxiety meds!!

• Posted

Oh Jennifer I am hearing uyoy.. I've had all the same as you and my tummy has been the worst with camera Down to ensure nothing it wrong and there wasn't. The wind and neasua is the worst with the change and I developed ibs... Things have calmed a lot but I still get neasua and irritating bowl habits..... Hang tight girl you are not alone.. CK

• Posted

Dear Jennifer85442,

Sorry you have all the bad feeling. I have been suffering from all kinds of symptom, some are similar to your one. I had very bad anxiety, tingling and numbness all around my head, legs and hands. Liver pain, kidney pain .. c. I am using herb menopause support which is bought from Amazon. It helps me a lot, anxiety, tingling, fatigue. Also I am taking Adrenal support, the brand is Gaia, which helps my anxiety, hyperthyroidism. Combining these two herbs, my symptom is 85% under controlled. Every bady is different. Hopefully this information can help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.