Perimenopause stinks!!!!!'n

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi! I'm new to this forum and soooo confused!! I am 54 years old mother of three and grandma. I am in perimenopause, symptoms bad depression where I wouldn't get out of bed. I was told years ago to have a hysterectomy because of fibroids but I haven't yet thinking I will get through this. I have a enlarge uterus due to fibroids and thickening wall of the uterus . I go in August for an sono and ultra sound to check uterine wall. This hormonal stuff is driving me crazy. I stay home, don't get out much and scard when my husband leaves to go to work. I'm a nervous wreck!! Any advice would be great!!

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Beth..

do you take any supplements ... try some 150mg daily Vit B 6 for all the anxiety, feelings of doom, depression etc.. it worked for me .. Jay xx

• Posted

Hello Beth...jayneejay is right on it! What she says is exactly what you body is going through..B6 will help a great deal..I also eat a handful of Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds since they have a good source of B6 too. The most important thing is that this is all NORMAL! Our bodies and minds are changing and this can cause really scary feelings but it is normal and is just the transition ..no that we are here for support and you will find comfort in reading and shairing all of our similiar symptoms. 

I too, all of a sudden felt scared to be alone...I would think OMG what if I just drop and die here alone...or just had an uneasy feeling about the day..sort of doomish...these are all sensations and emotions that cannot harm you...good luck we are here for support!

• Posted

oops also....try to fiind things that keep your mind busy..house projects,,painting, maybe book clubs etc. When I start to feel doomish or anxious I give myself one phrase all the time..."move your mind" and I have done this over and over and it just helps shift your thoughts . Chamomile tea is good too!
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa, you would think that but my consent ration hasn't been the best either. 
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa. Yes this is a scary time. Thanks for all the support!!
    • Posted

hi Lisa ans Beth

ref before i took B6 and B12..

i joined this site.. I wouldnt go out, didnt want to be seen, wouldnt drive, felt doom, worthless, tearful, anxious, achey, fog brain, couldnt think, felt something awful was pending, it was a night mare..

then i researched and saw B6 was the possible answer.. I had to do something as my kids are grown and left the nest, and my partner works overseas ( i live near Marbella) so i dont see partner much, every three or four weeks for a weekend... 

anyway, I thought i will try B6, the doc here wanted to give me anti depressants, i wouldnt take them... i have peri not depression, i wanted to deal with it... anyway in April i took 150mg b6, and also B12 and now i have none of those symptoms, I go out and do everything, feel great, swim daily, use rowing machine, I even lost weight and feel fab... and its all the B6 as a few days later the symptoms were improving and then went and all was good and just improves even now..

long may it last.. Jay xx

• Posted

That's Great!!! I am on anti depressant as we'll. But I have had bad depression before and was told going thru peri it sometimes gets worse! I mean kept me in bed depression!!! Thank you both so much 
    • Posted

Thank you Jayneejay!! Your advice has been so helpful and have been on the B-6 now for 3 weeks and feel better!! 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa

so glad B6 making you feel better too, amazing isnt it.. just shows we do lack it so much and it recharges the batteries 😀

thanks for letting me know that, and for your kind words 😀 Jay xx

• Posted

Dear Jayaneejay,

Can these be purchased over the counter? I am really going through atough time after being like this for a year. All my blood work, endoscopy, Mr, ctscan etc. Etc are all okay but feel sick almost every day. I am on wellwoman but I think I will stop that for now and try b6 and b12. I cannot sleep, cannot concentrate, lose appetite sometimes, foggy head, dizziness, shortness of breath, uncomfortable digestive system, pains allover especially in my right hip, so many things I cannot explain. I pray and hope these two vitamins will help. I was 48 years when it started and am 49 now, so have been like this for a little over 1 year. Godhelp us women. Hugs

• Posted

Hi Cecelia

yea they can... or try Biovea web site, and have 150mg B6 daily...

also Jarrows B12 5000mcg good, Biovea have B12 too..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay,

Did you have any side effects from B6 ? I had a chronic cough a while ago, started taking B12 and became very dizzy from that. Had the blood test  and my B12 levels were double the max after a month . The dizzinnes stopped when I stopped taking B12. Just want to check if there are any side effects from B6

• Posted

Hi Polly

i didnt have any side effects... none at all Polly..

just felt alot better .... 

I have B12 injections too and no side effects... hope you find out what causing the dizziness 😦 Jay xx

• Posted

beth ... yes it really does .. i was rock bottom and started this in April and I am great now... its really worked for me... Biovea uk web has it or holland and barret or ebay or amazon .. Docs also prescribe it.. 

useful snippet iff web for you..

Menopause Mood Swings & Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 may alleviate menopausal mood swings.

During menopause, mood swings are inevitable with estrogen fluctuations as the body ends its reproductive years.

Vitamin B6 may be one answer to alleviating increased agitation, depression and anger. B vitamins are responsible for mood stabilization by controlling hormone production in the brain and regulating hormone levels. B6 declines as menopause sets in and mood swings become evident. Increasing this vitamin may give women the added boost they need to enjoy the golden years with a better mindset.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

B6 supplements of ***100mg to 300mg per day ... depending on severity 

• Posted

Is vitamin B100 different ?? I started that not sure if it's the same!! 
    • Posted

Hi Beth

I think thats a vit Complex having several Bs ... maybe it has a small amount of B6 i am not sure... maybe you need to take extra B6 aswell..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Beth

best to check your brand and see what the content is ... some are good some not so good...  ... good luck hope you feel better soon  Jay x

• Posted

We'll I have heard other ladies talking about vitamin B6. How long does it take to kick in?
    • Posted

Hi Beth

for me i felt tonnes better after 7 - 10 days... i take 150mg daily in morning as it tends to give me energy.. I have B12 too and i take B1 aswell but I take B1 as it keeps mozzys off me, I live in Southern Spain, normally I get bitten alive but mozzys hate Thiamin Vit B1 and I never get bitten now... so thats also good for me and works with the mozzys..

I take Menapol Plus ( natural). 2 x daily.

Natecal ( vit D & Calcium ) a must for bone health

iron

Maca

Magnesium ( for hot flushes) 

i been in peri 10 years Beth, haveng had period for 11 months so nearly reached meno ... but still have to continue with the vits etc  

i am aged 50 now ..

good luck Jay x

• Posted

I'm happy you are doing good!!!smile I on the other hand not so much with fibroids and thickening of the uterine wall. Scary!!!!
    • Posted

Hi beth..

no thats not nice for you..

in my start of peri I had ovarian cysts.. one after the other, they grew to size of satsumas, and thought i needed surgery.. but they did disperse.. i wasnt having regular periods to shift them then.. i bled for 21 months first from heavy to normal to spotting with out a break then .. grew these follicular cysts which we all get but mine just grew 😫

also when i was 31 i had endometriosis and had to have it all lasered off, i was encouraged then to have a hysterectomy but i said no ..

they thought it would return 5 years or so later, it never did.. so just shows you I could of had a hysterectomy for no reason..

so chin up ... it may be all okay in the end hun... i am sure all this stuff begins when peri firsts kicks in .. its the worst time, I also had three fainting episodes... but all good now... and so you will be ...  be positive and happy Jay xx  

• Posted

Thank you soooo much!! I could use so much encouragement right now. I feel all this is due to hormonal imbalance and not something worse!!

• Posted

Hi Beth

not sure your age .. I was 40 when peri kicked in... i am 50 now..

i took the natural route and I can tell you that the beginning of peri was crazy, had the lot, also sensitive bladder always wanted a wee, had a camera in bladder all okay.. had a camera in womb all okay... 

had ultra sounds and then we noticed the oranges growing 😦

stay positive its maybe is all the peri nonsense.. dont feel alone either always come on here hun... Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Beth

your 54 i see that at the top ... sorry i forgot ... chin up.. all will sort itself out.. and at least the docs are monitoring your so your in safe hands Jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.