Perimenopause Ugh! Noise sensitivity!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone experienced noise sensitivity since their hormone roller coaster ride started? I went to the movies and I couldn't even stay ugh! Then the panic sets in. Cant wait until this is over

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, Becky lots of noise or loud was bothersome. I, too, couldn't handle loud noises. It will be over soon, just not tomorrow.

• Posted

Thank you for responding! Did you feel frazzled for a while after you left the noise? Seems my head feels funky after leaving there. This perimenopause is the pits!
    • Posted

Hi If I'm trying to lye down and rest the slightest noise makes me jump and my heart beats harder. I hope it stops soon. I feel full of adrenaline too.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, thank you for responding smile Yes just the previews thrashed my whole day. Igh! Hope your doing well today smile

• Posted

I actually couldnt handle the whole movie theater scene we had to leave. Yes, I felt frazzled.
    • Posted

I had to leave too! Then I get disappointed with myself because I cant even watch a movie with my family at the theatre anymore sad

• Posted

It took about a year for that feeling to go away so don't feel so disappointed it will go away.

• Posted

I don't know what I'm in, lol. I'm in between somewhere but passed all the wild hormone ride. I still get hot flashes but not as often and mostly mild because I make sure I don't have any soy in my food or sugar.

• Posted

Lol! So no cycle Im assuming. Sorry if that is too personal. Did you get through it all natural?
    • Posted

Yes and no, for the last 2 years I actually took Flax seed oil,  Macca, and St. Johns' wort to help me get through it all. I also tried prescription medicines that helped a little but I had too many side effects so I went off of them pretty fast but this was before I went all natural. Taking vitamin D3 helped with my mood, at least I was able to go out after taking the pills. Don't ever assume anything, menopause takes a long time to finally get to for some women.

• Posted

i love this answer cheesygrin 'don't know what I'm in', bit like that myself hehe.  Past the wild stuff but not quite there yet. and Becky, I was like you, the sounds of the movies made me jump out of my seat, felt scared and woozy, but that has passed now, took about 8 months, but able to enjoy certain things again, so hold on, you will too.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response, you don't know what that means to me! Or you probably do since you have already experienced this part of it. I struggle so much at times and you just gave me hope. I cant wait to be able to enjoy things again smile

• Posted

i know exactly Becky... when I was in that awful stage, I just wanted to meet anyone who was going through the exact same thing at the same time.. but no-one I knew was, and no-one really talks about it openly, do they..  at the time you think it will never end but it does, of course there are still symptoms, some mad, some not so mad,  but the stage you are talking about and are in now, is by far the worst.  you will tough it out though, you'll be amazed at how strong you are really.  I cringe when I read posts like yours and remember those awful days.  There are better days ahead.  take care.

• Posted

Your right people dont talk about this roller coaster ride. I am so thankful for everyone on here that takes time to comfort each other. Thank you for making me feel better. This is a rough road for sure! Im glad that you are through this part of it. Gives me hope for better times to come. Take care and thanks again!
    • Posted

I meant all herbal, not natural, lol.
    • Posted

hi, sorry just saw your message now.  I didn't take anything during the rocky patch because they made me feel worse to be honest.  Just Vit D3 and omega 3.  No extra vitamins and no meds even though everything under the sun was prescribed by my doctor.   Still on D3 and omega 3 and now going to use progesterone cream to see if that helps the odd heat moments I get, not a lot of them, but when I get one it makes me dizzy and nauseous and hot and last about 3 hours.

• Posted

Hi I take Vit D3 and omega as well. I've had the noise sensitivity. When you are quiet even a slight noise makes my heart beat fast. Also if there is a unexpected noise I jump out of my skin . I've had this 2 months now. I am on HRT but still get certain symptoms. Depression is a lot better. I had burning mouth for 3 months but has eased the last 2 days. I do have more energy the last week. I'm wondering if I am coming close to menopause. When I went on HRT just over 3 months ago I had every single symptom I should think but my period only lasted about 2 days and very light.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.