Perimenopause Ugh! Noise sensitivity!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone experienced noise sensitivity since their hormone roller coaster ride started? I went to the movies and I couldn't even stay ugh! Then the panic sets in. Cant wait until this is over

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Absolutely I cannot stand the television either I put volume down to 15 it is part of the whole tedious process unfortunately and movies are awful as have no control of the volume

Cheers

Jane

• Posted

Hi Jane thank you for your response. The tv is bad for me too, I should thought about that before going to the movies. Ugh! I hope this is all over soon
  • Posted

I have ALWAYS had sensitive hearing (bit weird really, I can tell you if there is a cranefly in a room before I see it.eek). These days I can't sleep without my trusty earplugs. I take them to the cinema too.

BTW my mum is 80% deaf and she says the cinema is too loud, it hurts her ears! I don't know if it is just our local flea-pit, but it is SO loud you can FEEL the noise. Took mum to see Pirates of the Caribbean, it was like being in a war zone.

• Posted

Hi I know how you feel I can hear everything....I was upstairs and my daughter was getting ice out of the refrigerator I said what was that, I thought something broke. Geez this is rough! Going to the movies and having it sound like you described a war zone....I would have ran out of there lol! Thank you for your response smile

• Posted

Yes Becky! My husband often makes me literally jump out of my skin when I am in the kitchen preparing dinner etc (not intentionally), like my heart skips a few beats! Also can't bear the telly too loud or cd in car - I used to love loud music while driving. xx

• Posted

I remember another incident in april in the car with my 10yr old nephew making a racket in the back; i literally screamed at him to shut up as it was REALLYdoing my head in. I felt so awful he went so quiet, so did my husband.... i apologised & gave him a hug. I am normally a bit of a child myself when with him, but I just couldn't stand the noise & lost it with him. The hrt i started in april has cured my shortness in temper/anxiety, but things do still make me jump, & certain noise gets to me. xxx

• Posted

Hi I used to be able to handle everyday sounds as well...kids, music, tv etc. Now I have to turn everything way down. It will make my head feel bad with too much noise. Sometimes I battle myself on if this is really hormones. Im thanful for all of you ladies that confirm it for me. Are you still in perimenopause?
    • Posted

Yes Becky. It started approx 6mths ago, but could be as far back as 2yrs ago as I've had irreg bleeding for 2yrs prior to starting hrt in april. since starting hrt - the irreg bleeding has stopped! My mental symptoms are the most improved from the hrt. I am ill with colitis at present & off work, & i honestly don't think I'd be coping mentally had I not started the hrt when i did. xx

• Posted

Yes noise really affects me. Its like sensory overload. TV, radio, theatre, it's all too much at times. I used to have the radio on in the car. Now I can't stand it!! Have started hrt which has helped with anxiety, depression and noise but some days it's still a struggle. Everything seems amplified. Oh the joys.....

• Posted

Hi Carole your right noises seem amplified...I hear it does get better though. I cant wait until then because all of this is rough! Thank you for your response smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.