Perimenopause understanding

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this discussion.

I have just been told by my doctor, i am perimeopausal!  i am 45. and was having a bad time, i did not know what was going on with me......I was so happy when she told me this, as i thought i was going crazy! my doctor asked me if i wanted to try HRT, i am still not sure yet, i might try the herbal side first. I have also  just had my mirena coil removed to see where i am at with my periods, as i have always had heavy bleeding. I also have an underactive thyroid too. I have been suffering with terrible Insomnia, joints aches, headaches, night sweats, terrible Anxiety, dry skin, irregular bleeding and spotting the list goes onnnnnn. I have been reading about some of the symptoms on here. I have delveloped a white tongue, had swabs done all came back negative has any body else had this? 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Samantha

I have had all of the above and more. The white coated tongue could be due to the digestive issues that come in menopause I would think, I had gastitis, acid reflux etc and my tongue was coated at times xx

• Posted

Hi Pinkcatfairy,

When i asked my doctor can this been related to the perimenopause she said no....so i was really unsure what this was. It is starting to calm down now. 

Good luck :-)

• Posted

Hi, I have all the same symptons too.

This really is hell!!

Sometimes you think how much longer can you do this for?

Every medication I try does not help.

The anxiety and depression is horrible so I feel for all of you.

Mother nature played a cruel joke on us and it sucks!!

• Posted

Hi Traci,

I really thought i was alone on this! 

I was seeing a male doctor at first and asked him if i was going through the menopause, he told me  i was too young! he did a blood test and it came back fsh level 88, he said sorry....

I now have a woman doctor and had a blood test done 2wks ago my fsh level 112.8. I don't know how long i have been going through this as i have an underactive thyroid too, and some of the symptoms are the same...

Yes definitely cruelsad

• Posted

Hi Samantha, hope your feeling better.

I keep praying one day we will be ourselves again, and happy.

• Posted

Hi Traci,

Thank you for thinking of me thats very sweet of you :-)

How are you doing too?

To be honest, i'm just getting my head around things.....

I cannot wait for that day to happen, were entering another chapter in our lives, just want to be happy, so i will try my best until then....lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.