Perimenpoause symptoms?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm going to see my gp tomorrow as I think I am going through early  perimenpoause. I have many symptoms including back pain which I had many years ago which has recently started hurting over recent months (around the same time I was getting other perimenpoause symptoms) I have also started to experience pains in my knees and wrist which I have never had before. Could this be a part of early menopause? I have many symptoms but don't want to bombard the gp when I go in but I want to make sure I tell her everything which I feel is connected. Thank you.

Ashley 

X

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley,  you could be... i started last year at 40.  I too have back/ neck issues...so much wirse since this all started.  Xrays show degenerative discs, but the aches and pains are worse than before.  Achey joints too along with other symptoms...see other discussions... Good luck at your appointment.  This forum has been so helpful.
    • Posted

Thanks Lou, I'm so so pleased I come across this forum. It is a godsend! I didn't wanna sit and babble at the gp with random symptoms which have nothing to do with peri. I've been waiting for this appointment so I can hopefully get some answers x

• Posted

Hi Girls

I agree this forum is a god send , it actually feels like your going mad.... Who knew it's just peri menopausal symptoms or menopause! I have recommended to some many suffering women, it just helps to know we aren't alone .

• Posted

Hi Ashley it sounds very familiar, I just recovered from the worst back ache I've ever had amongst other aches and pains, ask them for the blood test that will confirm if your starting perimeno, my mum started early and completely stopped having periods at 42 good luck x

• Posted

Hi, I wrote my symptoms down and just handed it to my doc incase I forgot some, he said there's alot going on there isn't there I said its not all at once its symptoms I've had and some still having now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.