Period back after 7months.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies. Happy New year to all.

Shock of my life . Today My period is back after 7months of no period. I feel down because I was sort of OK during those seven months without a period. I hope it doesn't bring back this perimenopause.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am over two years post menopause and unfortunately to get to that point I went a few times with several months of no period before it was finally done. The only good thing about finally no periods for me is well... no periods. Everything else up for grabs. I completely understand the let down. Just when you think you are on the home stretch...it's back. So sorry, hang in there!

XX

• Posted

So sorry, Kadija1996! You must have been hoping that you were nearing the "exit ramp."

But it is really good news you were feeling OK during the 7 months without it. Are you OK now, physically, that your period is here? Emotionally are you OK?

• Posted

This just happened to me except after 9 months haha...I also posted here (on Monday) asking if anyone experienced having a period after so long of not having one. Mine was very light and lasted around 5 days. I had all the usual signs before hand but did not think it will come back after 9 months. Well, it did! I guess it's not uncommon to go through these phases till it completely stops. The only thing my doc told me was to contact here in case it is unusually heavy or lasts more than a week. Other than that we are here for a ride lol

• Posted

This happened to me...after 11 months with no period, and at the age of almost 52, the heaviest period ever! It was awful, with lots of pain, and I was terrified that it would start all over again. Thankfully, for me, that was the last one and that was over 5 years ago now.

It is a real surprise or shock after it's been a long time, but nature's way of keeping us on our toes I guess!

• Posted

oh wow.. My doctor did tell me you never know-- the last one could be light or extremly heavy. I guess you got the heavy one.

• Posted

I read the average age to being done is 51.. I'll be 51 in August so I'm hoping this is the year.. : )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.