Period due and nervous tummy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

So I've been doing ok and then yesterday and today woke up with nervous tummy and feeling on edge! My period is due and for the last 12 months they have been 23 days I'm now on day 25 and no period although I'm thinking that's why I'm feeling like this and the lady 2 nights I've had terrible night sweats! Hate this feeling every month 😩

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get terrible anxiety. Often when I awake too. My periods have all gone weird. I am often late, I bleed more heavily, a few times I had a period after two weeks! PMS is the worst. I get so down, I cry a lot, even over adverts, I argue with my boyfriend, I bloat up and look pregnant with twins. I also get so anxious I can barely function. Oh the joys of peri! You are not alone xxx
    • Posted

Hi callianne

Thanks for your reply I'm 41 and seemed to have started this journey about 18months ago I'm also coming off antidepressants at that moment which I have been on for 12 years but I want to try and keep my body as natural as possible as I get awful side effects! Acupuncture is helping with the anxiety and night sweats but I just hate the fact that when I'm due a period the anxiety is there for no reason what so ever and I wish the doctor would acknowledge this as it's frustrating when they keep telling me I'm not in peri I know once my period arrives all will be ok again. Xx

• Posted

I hope you are tapering off the meds? I am no Doctor of course, but that could be causing the anxiety. I know before I was peri, I got chronic PMS. Ugh! I understand the natural thing, but have you thought about something to calm you a few days before your period? I also try and do meditations and yoga and so on to manage my anxiety, but mines so bad it only helps a little. xx
    • Posted

Yes I am tapering off slowly I reduced my dose to 5mg for two months now I'm everyother day then I shall do every two days and so on until I stop xx

• Posted

Hi I'm 49 in peri and yes I get that exact feeling just wake up so anxious with nervous tummy feel really horrible 2 or so days before period and night swaets and then again during ovulation.... hang in there we all in same boat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.