Period going on and on

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I am 46 and have been experience a host of terrible symptoms for about 4-5 years. Heart racing, panic-like episodes, lightheadedness, fatigue, migraines, etc. And today is day 14 (!) of my period. It was heavy at first then tapered off after the first 4 days. But it is STILL HERE. Anyone else have a ridiculously long period??

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, I had a period that lasted 2 1/2 months. It was sometimes heavy, sometimes spotting, all the time annoying. It is very common, although I was a little worried at the time. I have not had anything like that happen since. Unfortunately, periods are back to regular for me. I have had ten million (slight exaggeration) horrible, scary symptoms over the past two years. I am always surprised that I'm still alive, but I hope I have reassured you a little. 😊

• Posted

2 1/2 months! Wow that is awful. I'm so sorry. And sorry to hear that your periods are regular again, lol. I'm guessing that you, like me are ready for this just to be over with. I had to laugh at your "I am always surprised that I'm still alive" line. I know exactly what you mean! It's really incredible how terrible I can feel at times and there be "nothing" wrong with me. The upswing of this whole experience is it has really made me appreciate (and take advantage of) the times I feel somewhat normal!

• Posted

I agree. I do a damage report each morning to assess my overall health and well-being. Then I get up anyway and start the day. Somehow I make it through, although any frightening new symptom that I can't wrap my head around gets whisked away to the emergency room for inspection. They inform me that they don't know what is wrong and send me home with a huge bill I can't pay. It is a vicious cycle and one I am ready to see end.😊

• Posted

You sound just like me. I hope it's okay if I take some comfort in that. ❤️

• Posted

It is comforting when you know you are not alone. I just woke up from a nap and saw a yellow spot. This has happened every day this week. I am not sure what this is about but I am not going to worry about it. Maybe?

• Posted

hi

i too have had a period or spotting for weeks then gone into a full period all of this is so annoying its very normal it is scary you think you could bleed to death! i cant wait till its all over with everyday is a new symptom i have had most and this had been going on since 2013 imagine my periods have been so wacky hopefully you will feel better knowing this happens

• Posted

Yes, unfortunately this is normal. Recently, I got a period that lasted 12 days and then 5 days after that my period started all over again for another 8 days!

• Posted

I feel for you... Mine are still normal BUT absolute hate when I have to deal with it especially being heavy for the first couple days. My friend who is 47 says hers are sporadic and longer than normal this last year.

• Posted

the last two years i have skipped periods i almost dont want to write this because my last period was february but still get crampy and wear a pad constantly cause u just dont know i have gone a 100 days a couple of times im hoping that was it my hot flashes and cold flashes have amped up i will take those over a period i get such bad cramps since i was a teenager sometimes its like labor pain! my best description of perimeopause its like puberty pregnancy and pms everyday i used to be a nurse and i can tell u that i was barely taught anything about menopause even my primary he said he studied up on in once he had a practice because there was no in depth teaching about it! thank god we all have each other i think i would go crazy for sure lol

• Posted

Yes, it is important to have a network of women who understand what we are saying. I try to tell my husband about it and his eyes glaze over. He is tired of hearing about it and I am tired of talking about it. But then something scary happens and I tell him again. Can't wait to be done with this!

• Posted

oh i know the glazed look too lmao!!!!! i just get really quiet which is not my norm but everything just gets on my nerves....my husband claims to understand but i mean he is a man how much can he really understand? he sees the difference in me over the last few years...i can talk till im blue in the face but only another woman going thru this with some symptoms my mother breezed thru this at 48 im 50 and still going thru it i cant talk to her about it because she never had a hot flash! i am grateful for all the women on this site i had told my primary that me and him should come up with a magic pill that you take and boom no periods no symptoms like i said it would have to be magic hahahha

• Posted

I wish I could say that about my hot/cold flashes, feel like I am dying every single time, even get pale in the process. So then automatically freak out.

• Posted

It was actually my periods that finally took me to the doctor along with my eratic heart with this strange heat in my core and cold icy hands and feet and lips? lol .... I was having a long period every two weeks. I am also 46, have had strange symptoms since 2014 when I had my last child. Now my periods are going back to regular but usually only go about 3 days, first day heavy.

• Posted

My heart is wacky too. Fast, pounding, skipping, etc. Nothing really seems to help that unfortunately. I am having some hormonal (saliva) testing done now through the compounding pharmacy in my town. I will probably try BHRT and see if it helps any of these awful symptoms. Sick of feeling sick!

• Posted

Hi Mel,

Curious how your saliva testing came out?

Have you started the bhrt?

I just scheduled a gyno appt to talk about that for myself... I need at least a little of the old me back.

Best of health to you!

Sara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.