Period going on and on

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I am 46 and have been experience a host of terrible symptoms for about 4-5 years. Heart racing, panic-like episodes, lightheadedness, fatigue, migraines, etc. And today is day 14 (!) of my period. It was heavy at first then tapered off after the first 4 days. But it is STILL HERE. Anyone else have a ridiculously long period??

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes June 15th I got My Period after skipping May . I am 49 have been going through peri since 43 . I had my period in June for 2 weeks as you said heavy then just a light Bloody show was so annoying because it was the start summer vacation for my Son and I . Had to worry about my period never ending . finally on June 28th browned out . I have cramps today and feel as it is going to show up again hope not going to last as long . so it is all Normal skipping & long periods . Talked to my gyno she said it is a fun ride . My mom was in full menopause at 52 . Hoping I will be also done done . One Day at a Time what I live Bye ❤️

• Posted

Ive had all of these symptoms...been in perimenopause for 3 years, Im 50. The heart racing sent me to the ER in December. I had 2 periods,very light, in 2018 and 4 in 2017,but Ive had one every other month this year,with me being on day 20 of my current one. This past period has been super heavy with a ton of clots.Im sure Im anemic.The anxiety is off the charts! Im freaked out about death and get convinced Im dying. Perimenopause sucks.

• Posted

You sound just like me .Ive been awake most of the night shaking and feeling sick , convinced that Im slowly dying . I started skipping periods last year , but now Im back to three weeks between . Finished another last week . Since then unsettled stomach , anxiety , lack of appetite , headache that turned into a migraine and now insomnia . I hate this . How can I feel this ill and it not be terminal ? I feel like I cant cope with it anymore when Im like this . It really is unbearable . I am 52 and I think my family are fed up hearing that Im ill again and I cant keep putting on a brave face . Ive had this going on for four years now and the symptoms seem to be ramping up a gear . Dont know if I should go back to the doctors . I had blood tests earlier this year , but that didnt find anything , but Im still convinced I have bowel or stomach cancer .

• Posted

I think the hormonal fluctuations are what get our bodies to make us think we are dying. I recently lost both parents (very youthful 75 year olds, think like Jane Fonda-fit) and a few years ago my 48 year old brother in law,all to cancer...people with cancer are super sick,sleep alot,etc...my mind keeps saying Im dying,but my soul says Im just nutty.Due to the amount of blood Im losing, Im sure Im anemic (going to Dr in 2 weeks).At the ER, they refused to believe I was 50 OR perimenopausal (I look young for my age,but not THAT young) when I asked if my heart palpitatiions were related to that. It was 6 days before Christmas, so they said I was stressed about that! I was dehydrated and needed 4 bags of fluid. I have been trying meditating and slow videos on Amazon, which helps.I think we were all trained by our 1970s era moms (who were trained by 1940s/1950s moms) to think menopause is hot flashes and crabiness...they had no webmd etc to share/receive info from...but I hope youre ok!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.