Period: I can't be pregnant, can I?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! 

I've only recently started having sex, and for a few times, we haven't used protection -- but that was for the smallest amount of time before reverting back to a condom. 

Last month, in March, I started my period on the 18th. (February, I started on the 19th.) And this month, I got it on the 13th/14th. On the 13th, it was light, pinkish, with some brown. On the 14th, I woke up to a bloody mess. My pad was completely soaked. 

Not only that, but about two(?) weeks ago, I got a case of pneumonia. Would that have affected my cycle? Usually, in the past few months, I'd get my period around the 18th or 19th. I get that you count the cycle days, and not the same day each month. 

ANYWAYS, I'm rambling. I've read in forums where women have gotten their "periods" before even realizing they were pregnant. I'm not sure that's possible, but I'm still scared. I'm 18, in college, and unable to care for a child at the moment. My period was the lightest on the 13th, 14th and 15th were fairly heavy. 14th being heavier than 15th, and 16th being the last day.

I'm also concerned since my cervical mucus is different. Usually, before my period, it's a bit wetter down under. And now, I have dry cervical mucus (moreso damp, but it certainly does not stretch). This could be due to the pneumonia, but I'm still unsure. A week prior to my period, I got a urine test for the doctors and there was no mention of pregnancy, but I still can't help but freak out.

This morning and last night, I had lower back and abdomen pain. It could be that I have been laying down a lot due to fatigue from sickness, but I'm not sure.

I kept track of all the days I had sex in a period tracking app, which is helpful. But only slightly. Please reply, so I can ease my mind! I definitely don't want to be pregnant, as my traditional Filipino mom will definitely kill me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.