Period just showed up ? Started HRT 3 days ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been going through hell no period since December 2017 . Just been on the HRT patch 2.5 days and it just showed up ?

I have no clue if this is supposed to happen ?

Maybe you lovely ladies could enlighten me ?

I hope this means I’ve now got hormones as this change of life is debilitating for me it truly has been a complete nightmare !

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori. When i started hrt I hadnt had a regular period for about 18 months. I did end up having a bleed around 2 weeks in. The clinic that prescribed the hrt told me it can take up to 6 months for bleeding patterns to settle, and to monitor my pattern.
    • Posted

Hi Lydia 

Thanks so much for commenting it’s like the drs speak in Morse code and didn’t really explain what I should expect . 

I hope it helped you . I need a miracle so desperate ! 

• Posted

I know what you mean about miracles Lori. I was at my wits end. My gp told me i was depressed and that she would not prescribe hrt for me because it wouldnt help. I ended up with a kidney infection and then booked into a menopause clinic in sheer desperation. Sure enough the clinic validated everything - from utis, to itchy skin, brain fog, forgetfulness, waves of doom and gloom, lethargy, aches and pains and sleep trouble. It was a gentle process of starting to feel better within a few days and gradually improved over time. Diet and exercise and stress management are also important. It worked for me and i hope it works for you.
    • Posted

Weird you say that as I was looking ( if this patch doesn’t improve things) to pay and go to a menopause clinic . Let me know where you went and what they did for you .

I am extremely healthy eat a fabulous healthy diet workout not much stress right now apart from all these symptoms . However I’m desperate so I’ll try anything to get my life and ME back 

• Posted

Yeah it's normal for periods to come bk again, that's the reason I'll not go on it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.