Period only lasts two days

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 27 years old and have always had regular periods and i am not on birth control. Within the last few years my period has gotten shorter, going from 5 days of bleeding to only 2. it still comes at the same time every month and it happens in the same way each time- on day 24 i begin spotting and continue the spotting until day 30 when i start bleeding. i have two days of full bleeding and then by day 3 there is a bit of spotting, then its over. ive read that sometimes having low estrogen can make your periods shorter but i am not sure if that is the case for me. One change i have noticed that has emerged with my shorter period is i have awful PMS and sore breasts during that time. could i have a hormone imbalance?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi my period only lasted 4 days but I still have cramps a week later. What should I do?********

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.