Period problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 18 and it’s impossible that I am pregnant. I have been on the contraceptive pill now for 3 years. This week will be my in active week I stop taking the pill on Tuesday for my 7 day break. On Saturday I started bleeding a tiny bit pure red blood. Yesterday there was bits of pink blood now today there is quite a lot of brown blood, this has never happened before and it is not my period as it is light and nothing like my usual periods. Could this just be the start of my normal period? Please help 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is it possible you could be pregnant? And ssometimes taking the pill for a while can cause an erosion on your cervix making it friable therefore it bleeds easier but always go to your obgyn usually its never really a big problem.
  • Posted

If you didn't miss any pill then it's not your period. But unfortunately even on the pill you can still get pregnant (chances are small but still that happens). Don't freak out and take a test. If it's positive of course stop taking the contraceptive pill immediately and contact your obgyn. If it shows negative just wait and see if the bleeding stops. If it ever happens again schedule a checkup. It's always better to know what's going on. And also use a backup method for now just in case. 

• Posted

Hi I’ve took a test it’s negative. Really worried as to what it could be, I have recently upped my dose on medication wondering if it could have anything to do with that? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.