Period symptoms, but no period

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was due for my period around the ninth. I got the telltale breast tenderness and lower abdominal cramping, and I started feeling more tired so I was waiting for the blood. But, it never came. Now I'm about a week late, I'm still having my usual period symptoms but there's still nothing. I've never taken birth control, I have never had sex, and I'm only 18. All of Google's results say menopause which just isn't possible. Is this a normal thing or should I be worried?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi angel-baby, you are still very young and it can take a really long time for your cycle to settle down. My daughter is about your age and she can get all the signs that her period is due up to two weeks before it actually appears. Mine did not settle until after I had her in my mid 20s. Even then I don't think I had a 'normal' 28 day cycle until I was in my 30s. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but it would be good to keep a track of exactly what day you get your period each month by marking it on a calendar. That way you can look back and see if there is a general pattern or not. But if anything like that is concerning you it's really best to see your GP. Best wishes x

• Posted

My cycle is pretty normal, and it usually happens around the ninth or so but this month it came around the seventeenth, and the pain lasted a lot longer than it usually does. Now that it finally came about it's much lighter than usual too. I think it's safe to blame stress, and I try not to worry about it too much because my mom's cycles used to be once every forty or so days, but since I have such terrible anxiety I can't help but psych myself out over it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.