Periods are getting shorter and lighter.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 21 years old and my periods usually last about 5 days. They are normally pretty consistent with a Semi-heavy flow. However, for the past two months they've become shorter (3 days) I'd have extreme cramps the first day accompanied by heavy bleeding, the second day it's lighter without any cramps, by the third day it's pretty much just spotting.

I skipped a whole month, (July) which has never happened with me. August 4th I started my period which lasted 7days (normally stops after 5 days) this was an extremely heavy & painful period.

September lasted 5 days, October 3 days, and November, I am on my spotting stage now which looks like it will be completely over by tomorrow.

I've googled the situation and similar posts showed up but no one explained what was wrong!

I visit the doctor next week, I'm just kind of on edge, worried and want to know now. 😩

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for nothing 😃

• Posted

i found my cycle changed after stopping birth control from 18-21

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.