Persistent armpit/body odor, can anyone else relate to this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 22 yearld female. I've had a chronic armpit odor and now it is also in my groin. It all started when I was 13 years old. I thought it was just my hormones and it was going to dissapear in a matter of time, but it's almost 9 years with this and I smell like 90% of the time, and I have gone to many dermatologist who are just ignorant and don't understand their cr4p prescription don't work. I've got many blood test and I don't suffer from thyroid diseases etc. I've also have tried herbal supplements like chlorophyl, activated charcoal, b6 vitamin, and many more but they never work. Also, I've used topical antibiotics, actually OVERUSED just to get rid of this problem and it hasn't helped. Clyndamicine, fusidic acid, chlorexidine surgery soap and they don't work. I don't know what to do anymore. I've been bullied a lot by almost everyone sometimes even my own family and I suffer from depression and health anxiety gotten worse by this. Right now I use cotton plaid shirts and small tee with a big sanitary pad just to help the sweat doesn't come in contact with shirt, sometimes it helps me sometimes the odor is so noticeable. I smell like mold, sometimes like aloe vera. I don't a lot of smell offensive foods so I dond't what could be the real culprit. The thing that I haven't tried yet is changing my diet and exercising. I'm not overweight I'm actually a bit close to underweigh and changing my diet is difficult since I'm in college with no money. I haven't had a boyfriend because of this or go out that much since I'm scared of being mocked, people are so cruel and I have tasted much of their cruelness. I met a guy and I had to cut any ties with him cause I'm scared he'll know my secret. i don't know how much this is going to last. Anyone going through the same?? I'm hear to listen to you smile

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dont know where you are in the world so can only talk about treatment in UK but if all the normal treatments havent worked then there are a couple of treatments on offer. Botox injections which may only be available privately and also removal of the sweat glands,in severe cases. I worked with someone who had this problem and removal of glands solved the problem.

The problem is called Hyperhydrosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.