Persistent headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having persistent headaches over the past 2 months.

Went to the doctors about a month ago now and I was told that they sounded like tension headaches. Was also told to cut hours down on the computer etc and take more breaks.

As a software developer its impossible not to be on a computer all day as this is my job. So I probably use the computer a good 10 hours a day.

The pain is mild and appears mainly in my forehead but I have had pains in the back of my head also.

I've noticed sometimes i get shooting pains across the left side but these last for like miliseconds. And also I've noticed this shiver type thing on my head/scalp that appears out of nowhere on the left or right side.

Also I've had some visual problems such as flashes / increased floaters and like a black dot in my vision on my right eye which can only been seen when focusing on a white object.

I'd say that I have good health, exercise and eat right. I've tried to see if anything triggers it but there are so many variables its difficult to find out whats causing it. On the weekend I don't notice it asmuch and sometimes I don't have the headache on a working day.

Has anyone experience anything similiar? What can be done to prevent them? Also why has this affected my right eye (black spec)?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also I'm a 25 yr old male. Only drink alcohol on a weekend, always hydrated drink atleast 2-3 litres of water a day.

• Posted

I have a ten year history of headaches and migraines and usually triggered by certain things - spicy food, bright lights in dark rooms, dehydration and lack of sleep. I averaged two migraines a year until last year where I was getting one every month. I pre-empted or treated the migraines with excederin, which usually stopped the migraine - in hindsight in think this was a massive mistake as I believe more frequent migraines were a warning sign that something was amiss. And now I am in an even worse situation and I think is related to this (see my discussion).

I can only suggest to take at least a two week holiday and stay away from computers, tvs and anything mentally taxing, and go light in the gym. Then see if your headaches still happen. If they don't, then you know it is to do with your lifestyle, and then you can start your process of elimination (of the variables that your can control). I'm also a s/w engineer.

P

• Posted

Hey Pewo,

It would be difficult to get the time to have a 2 week holiday sad i might try a week but even so id probably end up using a computer.

I've been to the doctors and given me Amitriptyline to try to see if that stops them. I definitley notice I have a senstivity to light at the moment and it doesn't help the room I work in has very bright lights which one of them is above my head!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.