Persistent sided tension headache and big toe stiffness. Brain tumor or just anxiety?

Edited , 1 user is following.

Hello, I'm a 23 years old male and lately I've been really worried I might have a brain tumour. I want to say first that since I was child I've always worried about my health.

I want to think it's all anxiety-related but thinking otherwise is terrifying me. It all started with a mild numbness in my entire head when I was laying down in bed. One day, I woke up with stiff neck and what I thought was a low-grade fever (the thermometer was pointing normal temperature though) and I started reading about what it could be (what a mistake), but after thinking about it clearly I concluded it must be just anxiety and that night I ended up reading a lot about it and how it can make you feel a lot of symptoms like numbness, tingling, etc... and guess what: that same night I had all of them. Suddenly, all my body was twitching, tingling and itching at the same time.

Some days have passed since that and I started doing meditations, not skipping meals, making some exercise, and I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to fix my sleep schedule, which is destroyed thanks to the pandemic. The majority of the symptoms simply disappeared, but there are some that have been persistent.

I feel a pressure in the right side of my head, not exactly in the entire side, just in an area where it's stronger. I also, feel tension in the other side but it's way more milder. If it only were that.. but I also have a tension or mild twitch that has developed in my left big toe (again, I sometimes feel it also in my right toe but much milder), that seems connected to the headache. Some days I feel like the pain is located in the jaw joint but then it resolves and continues being just the pressure from before. Today, I noticed that it has irradiated to my cheek bone, when I touch it it hurts (mildly).

I've felt many other things these days, less frequently, like: a tingling or tickling sensation in the top and upper back of my scalp; quick stabbing pain at the inner side of my temples (like where we would have horns, if we had them), it goes away in about 5 secs. At times, my forehead veins are bulged. I've also felt really sleepy and although I know I haven't had the best sleep these days, I know it's all related. Sometimes, when I'm trying to sleep, unless I'm really tired, I stop breathing momentarily (just when I'm trying, not once I fall asleep), I feel my chest tight and my head like tingling, and that stops me from sleeping until the morning when I can't keep me awake any more. One of these days I was sitting on the computer and I felt suddenly like fainting.

I've never suffered from headaches before. This is new to me. The headache is persistent but sometimes it's just mild enough to be unnoticed when I'm doing something. It still worries me a lot, and it's always linked to tension in my toe. It has been like 5 days since it started but the numbness in my head that I commented before was like 2 weeks ago.

It's not worse in the mornings, actually I feel it's better when I finally can fall asleep (normally at 5-6am) and when I wake up it's still mild, but as the day progresses it worsen.

What do you think? Can anxiety be the cause (the thing that worries me the most is that the headache is linked to the tension in my big toe)? or should I go to be checked? What makes me even more anxious is that it is not advisable here, in my country to go to a clinic right now because of covid. I live in Venezuela and the health system is terrible and I also live with my mom and I wouldn't forgive myself if she gets infected because of me.

Thank you for reading me, I know it was a long text but I had to talk this out. I wish you all the best!

0 likes, 0 replies

Report / Delete

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up