Personality Disorders

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been reading about Personality disorders. I have wondered for sometime whether this may be my personal diagnosis. I have been on and off SSRI s for many years suffering with anxiety and depression. I would really like mt life to be different from this. Anybody got any resemblance to this? Please advise. Many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well there are many different types of personality disorder so which one do you think you might have?

Why not see a therapist for a firm diagnosis rather than just guessing. x

• Posted

SSRIs are unlikely to help with personality disorders. Which disorder are we talking about? MAO inhibitors have been proven to help with cluster C , though they are rarely prescribed these days. Have you tried any talking therapies - CBT or ideally DBT?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.