Persstent and Constant Bleeding

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else suffered from this complaint? I have been bleeding now for 19 days with no sign of a let up and it's really starting to irritate me.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara, Could you please share your age and also let me know if you have any previous history of irregular bleeding or persistent bleeding.
    • Posted

im 48, coming up 49 and last year for a few months they stopped completely. They then came back early this year, been extremely erratic to say the least, was put on a low pill to help regulate etc 32 days ago, and since then have been bleeding for 20 days constantly.
  • Posted

Hi Sara

i would go to see your doctor to check it out. I did have some bleeding when I first went on HRT and was caused by a fibroid which was removed easily and then no more problems.I would always check unusual bleeding with your doctor.

• Posted

I saw my doctor on Monday and he didn't seem concerned in the slightest. Said that if it had been happening for 30 days then I should go back but as it was basically 'like it and lump it'.
    • Posted

Hmm not very helpful doctor !I have always tried to have a female doctor as most of my health problems have been female problems and I think another woman probably in most cases is more understanding ?Your doctor obviously thinks it isn't serious ?

maybe change your doctor but ask friends etc and get a recommendation.I think a doctor should take the time to explain and reassure you and 30 days is along time to like it or lump it!

• Posted

Hi Sara

you havent said if you are in peri or not..

when i was in very early peri i bled for 21 months constant but different vatiations, from spotting, to heavy, to normal, light, never seems to let up... maybe had two or three days in between of nothing... this was in early peri the start of I was aged 40 then, I am now aged 50 and still in peri...

Jay xx

• Posted

hi sara, im 51 and in peri and had a period that lasted for 25 days then missed one and now on another but dont know how long this will last. Like the other ladies best to get it checked out with your GP just to put your mind at rest.  take care 
    • Posted

bless you thank you. I am going to go back again next week and hopefully get to see a woman doctor who will be more understanding!
  • Posted

Hi Sara, heavy and long periods of bleeding can happen but as always check with your doctor. I had times where I bled for over a month sometimes so heavy I thougth I would pass out..it started to happen to me when I began to skip periods..I would skip like two then BAM I would get one that would be huge ...a nurse told me that it was the two missed periods all rolled into one...if you feel concerned get checked but just to ease some peace of mind they can get very heavy and can last few weeks. ...good luck!!
  • Posted

Glad you are going back to see another doc.  It is worth checking out.  Good luck
  • Posted

Yes, but I'm way past 19 days!

I am 57 and have been bleeding off and on, mostly on, for 5 months. I've been using progesterone cream for 2 months, but I don't see any improvement. I'm obese, and I know fat means more estrogen and breakthrough bleeding/spotting means low progesterone. Has anyone ever bled this long and then eventually it stopped on its own to get to menopause?

• Posted

Hi Fancygoldfish

i am age 50, i started peri at 40 and i bled for 21 months varying from heavy, light, spotting, lasted 21 months with about two free days in between.. this was how i knew i was peri... 

i am now 50 and still in peri but nearing full meno as last period was 11 months ago..

i also tried natural progesterone cream years ago, and it made me have periods/bleed more regularly, and more symptoms i found for me, also it gave me a breast lump i never had before, it was hormonal related and painful like a cyst, i used the natural progesterone cream for about 10 months in total but felt it was confusing my bodies natural path, the big breast lump then went after stopping... menopause is normally reached they say... when no period in a complete 12 months, even then after meno reached a period can still come 😩 jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.