Peru and HRT? Does it help?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Just been to the docs today cos I feel rubbish. 

Keep feeling weak and dizzy, incredibly tired and then the sweats ( worse just before and after my period). 

My FSH level was normal and my periods are around every 24 days but the doc is convinced it's Peri that's causing all of this. He wants to try me on a low dose HRT as he says that will make a big difference. Just wanted some unbiased opinions so I can go in armed with a bit of knowledge.

Thanks ladies xx

0 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Peru? Hahaha! My mind has gone! X
    • Posted

Hey Stella didn't even notice. hah  Peru or peri?  I would rather have Peru than Peri anyways.  I feel like crap too.  I am dizzy and vertigo as they said in the hospital.  It should be over soon.  We can only stay positive.  I would have a better time in Peru though thats for sure.! biggrin  wawa
  • Posted

I understand your hesitation . My doctor wanted me to try a low dose of HRT to see if it helps my jaw pain and other dizzy/ uncomfortable symptoms. Not sure really. Will be pleased to hear how you get on. Good luck.xx
  • Posted

Hi Stella

tricky that one ... Personal choice hun...

sometimes we need abit of help from time to time ... 

Maybe he would give you the combined pill hun, ? if your still having regular periods ..

did he explain which HRT for you... i do think that while you are having periods that hormones are better taken then ... Rather than reach meno then have them and have peri all over again... 

I had a natural  peri and now i use a tiny bit of estriol ovestin vaginally every three days for a short time to help dryness.. So we do need options sometimes and abit of help..

jay jay xx

• Posted

Bless you - horrible feeling isn't it. I'm fiddling around on here as I can't concentrate on what I'm supposed to be doing at work - data interrogation and the spreadsheets are sending me to sleep cos I'm having a bad week.

It sounds like Peri and you will be advised to try B6 and 12 in large doses by lots of us here as it seems gentler on your system. HRT is a very personal thing - I can't take it becuase of family history but others get on with it well. The B6 (100mg) has made the world of difference to my energy levels.

Have a good look through some of the discussions as we are all in the same boat. smile 

• Posted

hi soopy 

wow great stuff... B6 & B12 is such a life saver isnt it... Always pleased when someone says it helps them too .. Great ..

Jay xx

• Posted

glad i'm not the only one wasting the company's time on this forum....i can't fix my mind on anything else today, and it makes me feel better to read the other posts and know i'm not alone....being a woman certainly isn't for sissies!
    • Posted

Yes Jay it helped me too...thanks to you. biggrin  Helped with the vertigo too as B12 is good for vertigo they say.  First thing in the morning after I eat something, I take B6 and B12 and a multi vitamin for energy. Sometimes take vitamin D and calcium and fish oil Omega capsule.  I don't like taking pills unless I have to. rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi Dottie 

hello hun 😃😃😃😃😃

well the supplements we must take ... To keep us going 😃

how are you today, 

jay xx

• Posted

Hey honey Jay,  cheesygrin  I am okay. Still dizzy but the B vitamins work cause I am not nauseated in the mornings anymore so doing better but still feel like I was run over by a truck lol my spotty period is not here and 10 days overdue so hopefully I am getting closer to the end. I am doing more during the day as you can see I am not on here that much so guess that's a good sign.  Trying to get my Spring cleaning done as I missed Spring.  Well and summer....and maybe Fall too.  cool This is brutal living but will survive.  Miss you! lol
    • Posted

hi Dottie

you are funny.... spring cleaning as you missed it ... 😀

yes its best to crack in when you feel your best and in the mood, thats what i do, tomorrow i have a few tasks... 😳

takes me ages to water the orange and lemon trees as the irrigation system seems to be blocked somewhere.... Jeeeez

the washington palm has got brewers droop 😮

' sod that for a game of soldiers' 😀

jay jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay and Hi Marlene!  I try and do everything on good days.  I missed a B vitamin the other day ...brain fog....not sure which one I missed....I barfed the next morning so see missing that vitamin and see what happened or came up! lol. Hope this will be over soon cause I am getting sick of this! No pun intended.  My humour keeps be going dears!  Cheers!!!! 

• Posted

Hi Dottie

oh .... being sick must be awful, i hate being sick... 

poor you...

Marlene ... shes hiding ... think shes got a toy boy 😀

jay jay xx

• Posted

Hi ladies I'm about  no toy boy in tow,Not taken any B Vits today had upset stomach last night,I watch my diet as to my IBS,and only thing I've taken are the Vits,had this trouble before with them.so need to get this settled down.

So been uncomfortable day,plus my tinnitus been playing up,truth be I'm well ticked off.Headache from tinnitus along with rhinitis.ive been on water only today,and couple of Migraleve,not helped.so it's BP tablet and bed

hope I get up brighter in the morning B.......y menopause,xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

oh poor you ... yes i too hope you feel better in the morning..

we have missed you 👀

night night marlene 

jay xx

• Posted

Hey Jay,  Wowee....you go Marlene you go girl!!!  cheesygrin redface cool
    • Posted

Hey Marlene you'll feel better in the morning once you say goodbye to your toys cheesygrin night night dear 
    • Posted

Hi Jay,Dottie ,Trevis and all ladies on site.

Bit happier today,IBS going down ,slept okay. Didn't need to get up during the night,will stick to water today mostly .Only got IBS when this menopause began,never had it before in all my years,that alone messes you up,watching what you can and cannot eat or take in tablet form meds or even Vits.cant eat tomatoes,nuts especially peanuts ,and peanut oil,certain fruits ,white bread.got my list of no goes.All blinking good fun  running gauntlet daily.Hows everyone doing today,or is that a STUPID question.probably the latter. Give the B Vits a few days off  May just try B12 after weekend,not the 6 as I'd never had B12  they maybe okay on there own,the 6 had trouble in past with,so I know after 2nd time with them there a definate no go area.will let you know how I fare with the 12 next week. Fingers crossed.Happy days,who ever came up with those 2 words want shooting,got to have been a male .xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

glad your feeling abit better hun...

yes i must agree with that.. my digestive went crazy when my peri started..

i notice aswell certain foods are worse... i never eat fat, or fries, ham and bacon sets me off, anything fatty really.... 

if i even look at a bacon sarny i feel ill... strange isnt it...

i wont fry anthing in the house as hate the smell .. yak 

years ago i use to use my deep fat fryer for other family members and always put in on a table outside on extension lead ... as the smell... oh nooo

when i first met my partner i did this dish that my mum always made and it meant i had to fry scallop potatoes like thick crisps, i took the deep fat fryer outside  and put lead through the window and he thought i had lost the plot 😀😀😀😀😀 hahahahahahaha... i said i dont fry in house, too smelly. too greasy .... 

have a great day Marlene 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

I feel for you, like you I didnt have ibs until this menopause started full on last October and same as you I cant take any vitamins, I cant eat what you cant and dairy knocks my tummy around, though I do try skim milk every so often.  I am glad to read that you cant eat too much fruit, not glad for you but comforted I guess that there is someone else that cant eat fruit, tried it all no good for tummy.  My blood tests showed that my b12 was good but I tried some sublingual b12's just to help thinking seen I didnt swallow them they would not go into my tummy and upset the ibs, still had problems though.  I am going to try them again in a few months to see if I can handle them.  Good luck to you and I hope that you can handle them and they help, will give me ecouragement to try again.  I have become a big chicken when it comes to putting anything in my mouth now.  Lol, happy days, lets hope they come again real soon for all of us...xxxx

• Posted

Hi Jo  you as well like me,it's been like walking on egg shells as to eating,I've now got a book Healing with Vitamins,looked up B6. ,low and behold B6 peanuts they contain those I'm allergic to,even bananas gives me the IBS,and didn't know B6 contain them .Going to scan over this big book today.

I now can't eat Strawberries,apples ,pineapple,since this began 8 years ago,.

Wholemeal fine ,but only certain bread products,white bread definate no go,.

Fish,Chicken , Beef  all fine,never eat pork so don't know about that meat,or same for lamb.

Veg wise okay relatively.as long as it's kept to a limited amount.So even veg and fruit,all healthy for some but not in my case.

Drs meds I'm the same as you are ,weary,in case they set IBS off  antibiotics the worse for that giving me upset,got to be what they contain.

I was told to look up a Dr Mozzi blood group,now that's an interesting read for anyone menopausal.Go have a look .

I've had allergies since all this began,honest it's unbelievable what this does,all down to hormones out of whack.

I've got tinnitus bad since this kicked off big time,and had balance issue as well,think thTs either meno. Or allergies,causing Eustachian tubes to be blocked,hence the balancing act,where my ears feel full up daily,but i can hear fine,then we got the Gyne discomfort ,going alongside the IBS .

B........y nightmare of a walk daily.everyday you just think another day with this carry on,oh and the anxiety can't forget that one thrown in to the mire.

Got to be female Drs not on HRT with same problems out there just has to be,all females on same route.

I've no answer to any of it,waiting it out again.You takecare xxx

lucky them who have sailed through it hey 

• Posted

hello jo and marlene, i too have IBS, i've had it for about 22yrs and have gone through trial and error with foods i can and cant tolerate.  I can have some fruits but only a little but not oranges, tangerines or anything citrus as it upsets my stomach, i don't eat anything spicy or fatty and seeds and grains are killers for me and i only recently discovered chocolate hates me.  Funny you should mention about the Vit b's cos i bought B6 & B12 as recommended but within 2 weeks i had bloated enough to resemble a whale and my stomach felt like i'd been kicked several times so i came off them and i'm back to my normal shape until my periods due then my IBS flairs up. I have the most bland boring diet ever and going out for a meal is quite a challenge that makes me anxious which in turn does not do the IBS any good. I do still take my multi vits which don;t have as much vit B's in as on their own and they seem to be ok. But like you Jo and very weary about what i put in my mouth cos if my stomach/intestines dont like it i suffer for 4 to 5 days. Yes please a happy day would be such a treat.  xx
    • Posted

Hi anxious face

i cant eat acidic fruit or juices either... That orange juice in the cartons even gives me cystitus as sooo acidic ..

melon is gentle... I eat it every day... 

i still manage to take my B's ... So lucky there .. Well B1 and B6 the B12 is injected..

have a lovely weekend hun

jay jay xx 

• Posted

Hi Jay so glad to hear from you hun, I've been reading some posts and your replies, we're so lucky to have a vetran like you whos' been through the lot.  I think all the good healthy stuff hates me. I'd love to live off  museli and high fibre foods but i cant tolorate them sad.  Are you doing anything nice this weeken?  Guess what after having such a bad week last week today i have turned a corner and i drove into town on my own and went to a large supermarket food shopping so you can imagine how good i'm feeling about doing things i used to think nothing about. I don't know about you and others but i am different everyday. I really love every minute of a good day cos it doesnt happen very often.  I do think my work place makes me worse but i dont want to give it up just yet.  Anyway hope you have a good wekend too.  Sending love x
    • Posted

Hi Anxious face 

wow good for you going shopping..

I nipped into town this morning .. my Anxiety has all gone now yippeeeeee

Oh bran and muesli...

my other half says, get a box of museli ... ' i said look ... I may have a lot of free time,  but eating a bowl of museli takes hours 😃😃😃

no nothing planned this weekend, only popped to town and pottering about..

Earlier fixed the dodgey push button on the AC control unit .. 

wow ... Was so pleased my logic worked.. I went to bed, last night,  podged the rubber On / Off  button on the AC in bedroom, dam thing wouldn't work, wouldnt connect .. So i pulled the soft rubber button out ... Carbon dot connector it was .. Not connecting to circuit board..

thought right i can fix this .. Its been playing up a while.. Never know if its gonna turn on or not .. 

so i got a paper hole punch, punched abit of silver foil a circle, placed it on some double sided tape, cut it out, stuck it to the carbon dot that no longer works, and bingo we have connection a working on and off button..

too hot with out AC at bedtime..., 

hahahaha.. 😃😃😃😃😃 

amazing what you can do when your fella works away..

jay jay xx

• Posted

Me with oranges no go or grapefruit,before the IBS no problem with either fruit,I use to squeeze fresh oranges daily,from September all through winter never ever got so much as a sniffle.

22 years heck long time with IBS ,how on earth have you coped with it,for so long  ,must have got you down.

My food like yours BLAND,every day you think what can I have today for a change ,then you end up same old thing ,you got no choice.some say plain mash potato calms lot of digestive probs ,my cousin has that for IBS and leaky gut,her diets bland.

Multi Vits ,same problem,when I got virus my dr said multi Vit as my immune system was so low,but these gave me a real bad stomach ,then went to Vit B 6  was I bad IBS wise  so knew it was the 6 giving me the problem .i agree any kind of meds can do it to,I'm only on a BP tablet,and odd Migraleve for allergy headaches.i drink lots of water 4   50 mls bottle water.Great simply great all of this.xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene 

i remember years ago my doc suggested fibrogel a orange drink ..

when i had endometriosis i had shocking iBS then before my op..

oh lordy lordy it was disgusting.. I couldnt drink it.. It was like drain unblocker 

😃

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene,

Hope you are doing ok...

I have to thank you for clearing up the mystery as to why I cant take b vitamins, I cant eat bananas either.  I dont know if I am allergic to nuts but cant have almond milk so stay away from all nuts.  Thank goodness for your book...It seems our tummies are the same, I can eat chicken and beef, havent tried white fish cause I cant eat salmon and cant eat the fruits that you cant or pears or citrus or stoned, lol...and not going to take any drs meds to find out how they react.  Will look up Dr Mozzi thanks for that.  I started horrible allergies last April, sure I sneezed non stop for 3 months, now my nostrils are always blocked, they take it it turns, either the left or right, at least one is always free...I feel for you having the tinnitus on top of everything else,  Hmmm and the nightmare wouldnt be complete without the gyno discomfort and the anxiety...I have given up on drs they only have 2 answers to help me, hrt or antidepressants/anxiety meds and yes there should be some female drs going through this without hrt but I have not come across any.  I have been thinking about what the worst symptom has been over the last nearly year (had symptoms on and off for about 6 years previous) and although they have all been pretty horrible and debilitating at times, I think the fear of food and trying to eat and the fear of losing too much more weight, along with the health anxieties has been worse than the physical pain, headaches, hot flushes and so on ...I have no answers for myself or anyone and as you, I am just waiting it out....you take care and look after yourself...ohhh yeah lucky are those who have sailed through...

• Posted

Hi there anxiousface, wow I am so sorry that you have had to put up with ibs for 22 years and especially now that it will flare up with food and peri.  It sure is trial and error and pain finding out what can be tolerated and what cant.  What fruit can you eat?  Lol I found out 1 year ago that chocolate hates me, shame cause I love it so much.  Still havent figured it all out yet and as I said I am a bit too scared to experiment with food, though found out a few weeks ago that corn chips dont like me either, seems not much does.  I am thinking that as I have had flare ups and have eaten safe food that it must be the good old hormones playing havic.  I am so glad that you can at least take a multi vitamin, I am thinking also that some concentrated vegetable supplements are a problem, tried a vegetable multi vit and a vegetable based prebiotic and they didnt like me either.  We havent been out for a meal in a year, cause like you I would get anxious and theres not much I could eat anyway.  We will get a happy day one day, lets hope it will be soon...xx
    • Posted

So Jay please tell us.....do you feel better dear now that you are in menopause or you feel the same when you were in perimenopause?  cry rolleyes  
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

now then... thats a question...

i currently feel better than i did in early peri meno.. as i had no end of problems, cysts, faints, etc etc

but i feel different now, more human, but still sluggish at times, anxiety has gone, sense of humour back, still get a little sensitive sometimes emotional with stuff ...,but alot better really... 

i avoid prats people i know will annoy me, as i cant be doing with them..

i just want a calm relaxed life now..

but I had have words with myself a few months ago, as was getting in a rut and making myself worse, as if you dwell it seems worse.. so happy go lucky is the key ... positive mind, accept its a transition, listen to your body and take it easy when it cries out, and do what you can when you can..

enjoy the ok days to the full ... 

Jayxxx

• Posted

Hi Jo, yes 22 blinking yrs, i remember my son was at infant school when i went for the test and he's 29 now.At the moment i'm eating pink grapes, apples, raspberries, blueberries, cherries and every so often a banana.  but i have to eat them in small quantities and while i'm eating something else, for example at luch time i will have a bite of sandwich with a grape or my afternoon snack will be a yogurt with some fruit in.  I too went through being scared to eat and lost too much weight and became ill.  Unfortunatley with now developing Reactive hypoglycemica i have to eat little and often to keep my blood sugar level, this is a nightmare for me as i don't get on with food but i have to make myself eat.  I seem to stick to the same food day in day out cos i you will know we suffer terribly if we have a flair up that lasts days. I cant advise you what to eat cos were different at what we can and cant tolorate but sticking to bland works for me but as you say going out for a meal is a nightmare and always has been for me  but i have to make an effort or my poor husband would miss out but i get all anxious about it cos there's very little choice for the likes of us. I didn't go out for a meal for 2yrs maybe  longer since on 3 ocassions while out for meal i felt really funny and thought i would faint, so this has now made me even more anxious.  I'd like to just have a light salad but cant manage them.  I have started on a probiotic tablet before meals and i think i've inproved but for how long i dont know. I find as with the fruit, veg also seems to forment in me which causes trapped wind and discomfort.  My GP perscribed Colofac which is very good, it takes a while to start and you've to take a tab before every meal which is a pain to remember. I'm definatley worse since starting peri so obviously our hormones effect the IBS i know i've always suffered more when on a period.  I dont think we ever get rid of IBS we just have to manage and control it.  I think you'll learn to know what you can and cant eat Jo and hopefully have fewer flair ups but do try and go out for a bite to eat cos your missing out, beleive me if i had my way i would become a hermit and never leave the house but then depression would set in so i have to make myself do things  to try and be normal. Its a fight Jo but you'll be ok and a good day will come.   I only recently dicovered that stress makes IBS worse and i am the most stressful person, if theres nothing to stress about I'll find something so I've had to learn to not stress, be calm and take it easy, give myself me time.  Reiki and Reflexology is good.  Sending you a stressless hug x
    • Posted

Hi Jay,  I knew I was doomed...thanks for the confirmation dear cheesygrin
    • Posted

Hi anxiousface, so sorry that you also have hypoglycemica to deal with on top of everthing else must be a really hard call but I think once it is accepted that, this is how it is for the moment it makes life easier.  My problem was/is that I cant accept that I have gone from someone who could eat eveything to 12 months ago having everything I ate react, in the early days of this even a glass of water reacted.  As you say I am learning what the triggers are and on somedays I can have a little of the trigger food without too much problem but basically bolled rice, potato, sweet potato, few green veg and chicken are my best friends.  Marlene said she can have wholemeal bread so had 1 peic
    • Posted

Sorry was lappy and it has a mind of its own and sent the 1st one...anyway I tried a piece of wholemeal bread yesterday and so far no reaction so thats a positive.  I can imagine it would be a nightmare for you especially if you dont get on with food.  I know I have developed a fear of food but I have to push past that fear and keep trying little bits to see what I can tolerate.  I have found that I can tolerate hot chippies so that is our treat, my hubby has been so good through all this and I know he would love to go out for a decent meal and hopefully one day soon we can.  You mentioning having a salad made me laugh, in the beginning my salad was some lettuce on a plate and now it seems I cant have lettuce and I crave a salad... My caring GP told me to get de-gas, pffft that worked well cause I cant have peppermint and thats whats in de-gas, so I am only taking a probiotic, digestive enzymes and a homeopathic rememdy.  Sounds like what happens to you is what is happening to me, I cant digest the trigger foods properly and it ferments in my tummy causing trapped gas and pain and guess thats what ibs is.  Maybe we wont get rid of the ibs now that its raised its horrible head but like you say we have to manage it for now and I do hope that once this is all over we may just be able to eat a little more than now, lol I have never liked rice but I am grateful for it now.  I know what you mean about becoming a hermit I was for about 10 months, been nearly 2 months since i pulled myself together and you are right no matter how hard it is we have to push ourselves to do things.  Totally agree about stress making it worse, I havent really been a stressy person but last year I found out what it was like to live with stress and anxiety and of course thats when all this started.  I am so glad that you are learning to stay calm and not stress, cause that really is half the battle won, with the ibs and the hormonal symptoms, well for me anyway, still get the symptoms but not as bad if I am not anxious that I have some terrible disease.  About the reiki I mentioned on another post that I am a reiki practioner, have been for 8 years and my hubby is a reiki master so I have reiki on tap.  Thats another thing that kind of cuts me up, I spent 2 years studying holistic counselling and with the reiki I couldnt help myself in the beginning of all this so I didnt get as bad as I got.  Hormones are pretty powerful and I guess all this has taught me a few things.

Thank you so much for your help and your stressless hug and I am sending a massive stressless hug back to you...look after yourself...xxx

• Posted

Afternoon Jo and all on site,see what you said about Reiki Jo,when I joined a meditation group 8 yrs ago  ,reiki  became part of this group of 7/ 9 of us weekly,I couldn't believe the heat a persons hands could produce,I even done it on my Cocker spaniel who had cancer,he'd stand so still while I put my hands over him,my husband was surprised as he was my fidgety dog ,so he felt this heat.good thing to learn,or have done.

When I had a neck tumor removed I mentioned this anxiety to surgeon who operated on me,he said you want Reiki,now what did a surgeon know about Reiki,unless he'd used it himself,or maybe practised this himself.

So that's an avenue  meno females want to seriously look at .

Glad Wholemeal bread okay,fine if you don't go over the top,I'm fine on 2 slices,never tried anymore,if in UK,best one for taste,is Co- ops own Wholemeal,and not expensive  75p a loaf.lovely taste, recommend it.xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

how are you today..

bread... 😑 just been out to fetch some bread..

i have tried them all here, they have a weirsd after taste ... But bread here the sliced, it has a long long shelf date .. So full of preservatives..

i buy the integral the smooth brown, they have like a granary but yak its so horrid here, ..  The bread ...,even the fresh from bakery turns in to a rock if not eaten same day 😧

mind you they do a lovely olive oil bread .. Thats very nice .. Eaten same day though..

i have bread maker had it years, never lets me down, tend to use that in winter for my fresh loaf, for my home made hearty steak soup ( pressure cooker one ) yummy 

my mums old receipe .. My fave ... 

Too hot for that yet here .. Good lord ☺️

Have a great day Marlene 

jay xx

• Posted

Think all back to being okay,gave the B6 to my girl to take home,I've got a Vit book now so will check up on any Vit I take,looked up the 12 and that seems to be okay ,will try them this Wednesday again.,see how that goes without the 6 .

When I lived out in Singers there bread was vile,never ate it.

I've got a bread maker,handy to have when in winter ,and snows and can't get out.Time I use it,or his lordship does.Bread maker does make a good loaf,bought our girl one,as she works full time,stick it on late evening when cooler Jay.Weve used spelt flour,that's nice for bread if you got digestive probs.

looks like rain here,come over dark,1st Sept this year going quick,what you up to,nearly tea time in Spain.Cleaned out my aquarium,fed them so my duty done,their relaxing to watch destresser,was going to colour my hair,cover up bits of grey,not a lot for my age,pleased about that,call them my highlights ,when I put a colour on.xxxxxx MAR

• Posted

Good evening Marlene, yep reiki is wonderful and its so great that you are using it.  I havent done reiki on anyone since late last year, hopefully be good enough soon to start again.  Most animals take to reiki really well and its awesome that you could help your fur kid, sometimes we cant help them other than ease their pain and and help them be comfortable. The heat that can come through is amazing isnt it.

It is surprising but I have heard that in England and America some of the medical community accept reiki, unfortunately not so much here in Australia.  For sure reiki is a avenue that meno ladies could look into.

I have to thank you so much for mentioning that you can eat wholemeal bread cause I wouldnt have thought to try it otherwise.  Hahaha that seems to be my problem, I find something that may not upset me once and think beauty and go over the top and pay for it but I will be a good girl and for at least the next few weeks have 1 slice every 2 days then increase to 2 and see how I go.  As I mentioned I am in Australia and I got a bakery bread that our local shop sells.  Again thanks so much for your help and have a great day...xxx

• Posted

Marlene

hehehehe

busy like me then..

been vacuuming the outside terraces and mopping ... 

now .. Polishing marble floors 😕 cant mop them as smear .. Cant steam them as smear... Have to vacuum them and hand and knees with kitchen roll and window spray... jeeeeez i am boiling now ... Did the stairs last night..

havent finished yet .. Need a minute.. ' they have a very nice shine now .. 

Yipppeeeeeee

ironing later ...   Jeeeeez i am jiggered  

Jay Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jo ,with Reiki you can do it on yourself,my Cocker had allergies as well as cancer of the spleen,but he was a good little soldier,was so calm letting me do it,My husband couldn't get over the heat in my hands.

Where in Aussie are you ? Mt cousin lives on Bribie Island Queensland,he's just been home for visit.

Hope Wholemeal works out.love it toasted,with poached egg,I'm a lover of Mackrel fish,have Wholemeal with that. Yes bland food  but you can mix and match ,don't always go together,but at least you know you won't suffer from getting right foods that won't play you up.Takecare xxx

• Posted

Hey Jay you need an Amah,tell your fella Marlene said .To hot for me to clean,Mimi 7 days a week,she was great,ironing ,washing.often could do with her now.

Hard on the old knees,those floors.nice when they look good,but heavy going .id be tuckered out to.

They had about Scottish referendum on telly,be glad to see that done and dusted with,another 2 weeks of it.Cant see them going independent,can't stand that Salmon chap,full of himself,sees himself as self proclaimed King of Scotland,if they go independent .Dont think Brits bothered much from what I hear out and about.xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

hahahaha I use to have help years ago when i worked full time.. But no not now, prefer to do it myself, theres clean and theres Jay Jay clean ..

I am a fussy sod.. i would only do it again when they left ..

yeah the scottish thing..  Wonder how that will pan out..

lots of Scottish here ..  Home owners... Spain PM says Spain wouldnt welcome independent Scotland, the big picture for them would be, visas to come here, Don't like to think what else owning here for them after independance would entail ... 

They tax you to breathe anyway.

jay jay xx

• Posted

It will be interesting outcome,his lordship said won't happen,they do say it's women who worry if go It alone,once they've left,no way back into our life system,I've always felt closer to the Welsh people of UK,don't know why not bit Welsh in me.hope they get more say if Scots go it alone,even though they to have a Wesh parliament.

The Scots can't join the EU for 5 years,they could end up like Greece.

We keep our Union Jack,just change it's name to ...........Jack,as that's our Kite Mark,then build back up Hadrians Wall,sorted.

To much involved,but what will be will be.

See that Salmon had to get these kids into the mix,had to he's not got their interest at heart,at his age he could well be dead ,leaving them right in it.

Politics over.

Where's her highness ( Dottie ) she's quiet,hope it's not a meno off day.

I'm sat watching Cake Boss,like that,even re- runs.Friend in New York sent me my cake boss mug,as a surprise.

Hope your all done for today.xxxx

• Posted

Ohhhh Marlene you miss me? (sniffle).  cryI am trying to putz around the house to get things done but taking lotsa snack breaks.   sad My daughter starts College tmw so trying to get organized myself.  I will be back don't fear as I miss you all.biggrin
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

yeah we miss you.... cry

i have been quietish today ... been busy too ..

having a Dust and a Clean heehehehehehe biggrin

good luck to your daughter for tomorrow 

take care Jay xx

• Posted

Hiya your back in land of the living,could have been chatting up some sailors on the high seas,Taz had you on a pedalo earlier,Jay went one better a boat of your own.

So your baby's off to college,,packed everything barring kitchen sink I bet. Girls and there stuff,if my girls anything to go by.How far away is she? 

So just you and hubby in house ,get more comp time .wont be long before girls back home for Christmas,time passes quick.xxxxx

• Posted

Marlene 

you said CHRISTMAS ..... noooooooooo

This bowl of rice pudding is going down a treat .. 😛

hope it doesnt play havoc tomorrow 

nom nom 

jay xxx

• Posted

Maybe when you get to my age, Christmasses  come round real quick ,his lordship flicked over tha calendar this morning,both said how quick August went by.

Can't do rice pudding Jay,don't agree,but I like,liked it.avoid milky foods to anything full fat,only have semi,or 1 per cent milk.B .......y IBS.no pleasures on food intake.good job I'm not into sugar,that's no go big time. Hope pud was homemade ?my old mums was gooooood,loved the skin on top,bread pudding,right good cook my old mum,nothing shop bought .Her generation,had to be 5 kids.xxxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

Homemade .... oh nooo... not this one... only me here ....

too hot for the oven belting out heat.. hahahaha no AC in kitchen its 30 degrees in there even now... i run in and bolt out ...

i do make homemade but only when the family were all at home.

i'm alone Marlene so too much hassle for one ..

i saw an ambrosia tin and hadnt had any for years and years so it was my little treat... but i feel abit sickly now 😩 i had the whole tin 

yes the days pass quickly and the years...  😢

i had a right busy non stop day today and still feel dandy apart from too much rice pudding  ... yippeee

all the ironing done too... 

my nick name by the way is Monica ( out of Friends) as i never stop cleaning hahahahaha

my kids also call me Ross as ' i like getting married ' 

cheeky devils 

jay xx

• Posted

Yea guessed as much Jay,but thought I'd ask Hahaha I use to cook fair bit till I got balance issue.all stopped,now mummy's little helper ( daughter ) does a lot of home cooking,and brings it over,she finds baking relaxes her,even after full weeks working.were keeping her.

Don't be surprised now if Dottie don't start calling you Monica,let cat out of the bag there,oops

The Ross thought good  what your 2 like . Gets a laugh main thing.xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

Your daughter sounds amazing ..

I can cook and bake and enjoy it too, but in summer its fish, salad, fruit, pasta for me, too hot for cooked stuff.. 

I like traditional english food, cottage pie, roast beef, good old steamed pud etc..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene, well small world hey.  I live in Queensland, we live in a little country town just under 2 hours north of Bribie Island. We have friends on Bribie havent been down there for awhile though. 

Yes we can do reiki on ourselves but the state I got myself into it wasnt a good idea, supposed to be calm and relaxed and boy thats not what I was.  I do it now if I feel a ache or pain so I dont annoy my hubby every 5 minutes but usually every night he will give me a full reiki.  Your cocker would have got so much out of you doing reiki on him and the fact that he was calm and letting you do it, instead of being fidgety just shows you how it can help to calm animals and humans.  I have a egg every now and then and I am really looking forward to having a poached egg with toast and HP Sauce, yum....I will start trying to mix and match to get variety, used to love my sweet things, cant handle any treats even made with gluten free ingredients but I can handle a bit of maple syrup so my sweet treat is rice, rice milk and maple syrup, sad isnt it, hahaha.

Thanks so much and you take care too xxx

• Posted

Well I never you've been Bribie Island ,looks lovely when I see photos ,cousin went out to Aussie in the 60s,his wife died last Oct ,so he came home for 6 weeks in July,lovely to have a family chin wag.None of us wanted him to go back ,but he's got 3 children plus grandchildren out there,still got comps and face time,so you get to see him.

Think Reiki good tool to have ,I use it on myself especially if I get rhinitis face pain,or headaches.Reflexology another good practise. You can do that through your own hands to,i often go on to my finger tips for sinuses.Prince Charles if you've ever noticed always stand pressing his finger tips together  reflexology ,he's always done it .

Well it's 1.30 am I'm off to bed Tuesday around again.Hope we all get a better day those whose had it rough yesterday,need a days Grace from it respite.God Bless Jo xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene, so sorry about your cousins wife...would have been lovely to see him again.  Bribie is a beautiful place, the surf beach is on the east side and pumicestone passage is a massive creek which surrounds the rest of Bribie and still has a bit of the aussie bush, pretty exclusive these days and expensive to buy there.  Have tried a bit of reflexology on myself but have not had it done professionally.  True have seen Prince Charles pressing his finger tips together, didnt know he was doing reflexology.  Hope you had a good sleep and have a great day. Blessings to you Marlene...xxx
    • Posted

Good day Marlene and Jay how are you today?  It's quiet and peaceful here as nobody is around except my wee needy dog. biggrin

not as nauseated in mornings and going away earlier thanks to the B6 and B12. biggrin  I was wondering when the dizziness stops? You say dizziness starts cause estrogen Is leaving.  Once it's gone for good the dizziness goes with it?  I am nearly down to no blood each month...could there be hope in the horizon? wawa

• Posted

Hiya Dottie,got good company with you then the dog ,hope your girl got off okay.

When I hit meno no dizzy nothing to that nature ,but now I've got it ,but think it's my ears ,you've got this tinnitus as me ,so it got my feeling it's this ,want tubes cleared out I think. It's getting a dr to agree in getting it done,that's a battle in itself.ill wawawa along with you,iffy Gyne day here Dottie,we all at your place for coffee then ,being your on your lonesome,or Jays .xxxx

• Posted

Hi dottie

😃

i still het the odd dizzy spell Dottie and i am meno 😀

not as bad now..

takes time and we are all different 

jay xx

• Posted

Greetings from afar,  biggrin  Hi girls!  The dizziness came with the vertigo so should dwindle away eh as you say. Some days worse than others.  My daughter takes the GO train now but she will be home for supper ... chores never end cheesygrin.   Vertigo caused me to toss my cookies and the hospital gave me prescription for Gravol which helped.  These days things aren't off kilter /unalígned anymore and dont toss my eats anymore so things are getting a wee better.   Getting off the couch more cause I feel like a fat cow sent to pasture dears!  cheesygrin

• Posted

See your still on form ,Ha ha ,I thought your girl was away from homestead at college,Not heard of Gravol,will look that up if it's helped you out,thing different countries different med names,but same med,anything more to confuse us. Brain fog most days mind you his lordship gets that to. So I'm not alone there.Male meno? Me thinks.xx
    • Posted

biggrin  Hi Marlene still going through these beautiful motions of peri.    Angela moved back home and going to college now.  My hubby's birthday today so going out to eat everything with my hunger pains.yum yum.  So I am free today from chores!  cheesygrin  You can buy Gravol over the counter but I needed a stronger dose cause I couldn't keep it down.  She gave me prescription for ones that dissolve quickly on your tongue.  They were like little pieces of paper...cool. I just folded it up and swallowed it as I didn't like the taste on my tongue.  They worked great and fast.  
    • Posted

They sound like that could be for me Dottie,a definate tick,over the counter ,must be safe to take to pass these prescription boards.your another good egg to have on site,ladies know more on lots of subjects,than we get credit for by any Drs.

Happy birthday to your husband Dottie ,tell me he's a toy boy husband ,my daughters husband is 3 yrs younger her toyboy so she says.Bless her ,he's a good one were keeping him .

What's on menu later then ?see how Jay was trying to picture us all the other day,got my hair colouring right., xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

😀 Gravol it is then is it..

glad they are not called Grave Hole as it may put you off a bit 

Dottie not saying if shes got dark wavy hair or not..  is she ..

Jay xx

• Posted

She's a coy one is Dottie,yea not a peep on that at all.probably a blonde Bimbo Jay,she says she's Dizzy clue there.????

Looked up those tabs  you can get them here but under another name,Dramamine Or Meclizine just not looked up if not to take with BPTabs .if okay will try them out.Gravel Hole yes not a name I'd enjoy to be swallowing but if they work ,try anything Jay.xxxx

• Posted

You are funny Marlene talking about me behind your back haha I love it!  No Gravol was fòr my nausea/throwing up.  It's good for seasickness.  I was seasick in the bathtub even. hahahaha

Actually I am a dirty blonde dear!  Take that anyway you want dear. haha. cheesygrin

• Posted

Both of you are naughty cheesygrin

see if I send you guys a Xmas card lol

• Posted

Hi Dottie

a dirty blonde ... ( i was wrong ) 😮

dirty blonde, dirty blonde ? what do you reckon to that marlene..

hahahahahahahahaha ' blonde bombshell Dottie ' 

have a nice evening ladies 

i have another load of ironing 😥 bedding 😢 my NOT favourite

i like Egyptian cotton, but it takes some ironing .. I also love a cool Egyptian cotton flat sheet over me at night in the heat too..... 

cant beat good percale 😀😀😀

wont take too long .. 

jay xx

• Posted

Hey Jay and her sidekick Marlene!   rolleyes That's slave work! 

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me!  cheesygrin

Blondes have more fun ya know..well...maybe after perimenopause that is. cry lol

• Posted

With her cheek referring to us ,I'd want proof of this blonde.Dottie brought up that D word you notice Jay .

I'm the lady here girls,age before beauty,says a lot for me Hahaha 

this meno and miserable days you do need it lightened up with odd giggle .

I. Love cotton sheets but those Egyptian ones a s....d to iron,been there done that one Jay,another good reason I don't get these bad hot flushes like some get,my cousin changes hers every day virtually,due to it.

So no Xmas card Jay,oooooh,her girl will send us one I'm sure,xxx

• Posted

Told your husband as to last paragraph I hope.Meno it goes out the window forever .Now watch Jay say the total opposite .xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

weird thing is... i dont get night sweats .. just day hot flushes.. they only re-started three months ish ago..

i only got night sweats when peri began 9-10 years ago.. didnt last that long.

i still say its the heat of spanish summer that makes the flushes  worse at the moment, never had any this intense before ... no in bed i am fine, AC on all night .. bedroom like a fridge... 

three months ago i was having loads in the day, about 12 or so, then they increased to 20 a day.. ummmm but now they are under control abit at the moment, maybe three or 4 a day.. infact i noticed yesterday that they were alot better .. had just a couple..

jay jay xx

• Posted

Like my anxiety levels Jay ,I've noticed so has husband that increases for so many days every month,was going to bring that up,I did start to put those days on calendar at start of all this ,now you've said what you get like,so it's hormones doing it ,said that to my dr .must get my cousins to write there flush days down date wise.you know what you know .women aren't stupid far from it.xxxxGot to put IPad on charge all the gassing todayHa Ha  back later 
    • Posted

I only seemed to get night sweats at the beginning too, although I wonder if the magnesium has helped. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

yes i too get ( not anxiety) but a blip every now and again..

more lack of energy i suppose... 

my anxiety is okay, thank goodness, if i feel it just may kick it, i rise above it and set myself a mission .. i had that beginning of year .. and dont want it again..

i always keep a diary and just jot the pattern down, its normally at mo a blip every six weeks or so

okay Marlene .. get your ipad charged up 😀

i was naughty.. i have an iPad,  and a month ago i bought an ipad mini too. so ones always charged 😀

' think i had a memory problem as i forgot to tell my other half about that purchase' 😄

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Mooma

my night time magnesium doesnt seem to get rid of them completely..

but here its boiling and i am now just in full meno so its just one of those things, a new transistion fully and extreme summer heat everyday, plus i am quite active, lots to do here, big house to keep clean, dogs, etc 

just me doing it all.. so i get hot and the flushes are the way we cool down, maybe next summer wont be as intense for me.

trying Vit E now aswell see if that helps, but they have dropped off abit now

jay xx

• Posted

Hiya girlee girls!  Can you tell I don't wanna talk about menopause anymore.   cool It's too depressing cause we are stuck with it.  cheesygrin  I'd rather tell jokes and laugh cause they say laughter is the best medicine!  You will feel better if you laugh rather than talking about depressing things.  Menopause is depressing.  I know now from being on this chat that there is no real cure so guess we just need to go with the flow!  (Pray that the flow stops soon) hehe

i have my B vitamins and my multi vitamins among my other vitamins and eating well and excercising so that's all I can do.  If it's my time to go then I will surely go.  It's good to watch a funny movie and eat buttery popcorn and grow old peacefully!  lol

• Posted

Hi Dottie

i totally agree, theres nothing we can do, but let nature take its course, accept it, as it has to happen...

i am glad mine all done, not unhappy, been a long time 9-10 years, but its done, and i am just 50.. yippeeee

so i feel pleased and liberated ... 

and yes, dont forget to laugh and have humour as that makes such a difference... you sound positive about it, and thats good..

' Blonde Girl Power ' 😀

jay xx

• Posted

Thank you ladies, Marlene and Jay for your knowledge greatness!  So went out for dinner last night and staggered out of there like a drunk and here I never had any alcohol!  I was even holding onto my husband! Now that's funny dears! lol redface
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

oh thats not fun.... But hope the meal was nice 😊

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi there.  My stomach was grumbling this morning saying feed me feed me. It does that quite often during the day.  I never had an appetite before but I surely do now.  It's nearly 8 a.m. here.  I get up at 5-6 every morning cause of nausea.  It should be over soon.  rolleyes  Have a good day!  Hey Marlene Joyce is on TV at 8:00 a.m. here.  biggrin
    • Posted

Hiya it's 1pm ,just done jobs,I don't go to bed till about 2am ,my evenings become my days,since all this began.weird or what,my old school mate who lives 2 mile away the same ,we text each other gone midnight and beyond.

We get Joyce here at around 3pm ,video lot of hers Dottie.

Glad you had good evening out,with the old fella,you say your always hungry,never been like that think I eat less,my husband and. Girl say I don't eat enough,in a day,but I'm a good weight,so I must be eating okay.Dont eat fried,or sweet stuff.Just stick to what's not going to play me up.

What time do you go to bed Dottie? To get up at that time,my cousins like you ,early riser insomnia she has gets up couple times during night can't sleep,but she goes to bed at 10pm ,told her to change it .

Another day here in paradise,I wish ,bit facial pain,it's sunny and warm ,so think it's allergy surfacing it's ugly head,Migraleve if not gone soon.

Looked up those tabs Dottie  will be getting them ,seem okay see if my balance will improve.good tip to pass on ,give it a whirl.xxxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

me too just done all the chores 😊

and... Me too, never asleep before 2am or later,  have always gone to bed late... Early hours of the morning, done it for years... Was hoping that after meno ( which you just confirmed ) it would get better .. But seems not .. Oh well.... 

i thrive on just very few hours sleep and always disturbed, by a wee or waking... Up early too with having dogs... 

Doesnt seem to affect me too much so thats okay..

2.30pm here ... Off for a swim soon...

very hot and sunny... 😊

have a great day ladies 

jay xx

Had my B12 this morning 😊.... 

• Posted

Hi Jay glad all okay ,with just the 2 of us it don't get messy or untidy  so Hoover,clean bathroom ,do dusting,having a bungalow ,it's so much easier,my husband always say it was good I said bungalow and not another house he said your not just a pretty face.you thought ahead.women do as we do most housework,I knew stairs would become a problem as we got older.One fall in later years can be the end of one of us,now me and balance,paid to buy a bungalow,women more switched on,to the what ifs ,comes from having kids.

I'm starting B12 on Friday,see how I go on them ,B6 I gave to my girl.

You a stay up later one as well,I always sleep well 7/8 hrs every night,never touch wood had insomnia.my mum kept to my hours in menopause  I can remember that .wish we'd spoke more about menopause ,what I could have learnt from her,didn't get that chance,lost her at 59 yrs .ah well not to dwell xxxxMar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.