Phimotic band injury

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey fellas so it seems I have injured that phimotic band on my foreskin. It started off as a red scratch like tear that was painful as hell to retract to retract my foreskin but I did it anyways and now about 3 weeks later I’m left with a translucent band around where that scratch was, but this wraps around the foreskin. When erect it’s not so much clear as it is just tight, but I can retract fully with no pain. Would steroid cream help this or what would you recommend?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It should heal naturally if you avoid new trauma (maybe don't have sex or masturbate for a week or so). You could try coconut oil. However, your doctor may be able to prescribe a corticosteroid to assist making the skin more stretchy. Don't accept that you need a full circumcision if it is suggested. - After all, if it happened on your eyelids or lips you wouldn't have surgery to remove them! Foreskins are just as useful and normal as lips or eyelids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.