Phlegm Phlegm and more Phlegm

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi - i've had the problem for years.

the severe attacks, for want of a better phrase happen almost every night when i leave my ex's house & get into my car i also get them early in the morning around 4am - however i do spit up mostly clear phlegm during the day.without any real hassle

i had BPH with an indwelling catheter for almost 3 years however aTURP miraculously solved the problem & allowed me normal use of my bladder again even though i was  orginally told that i would always need a catheter due to severe  bladder distention caused by retention.

due to the catheter i just slept in a chair & still continue to do so..

i'm quite mucusy during the day & often wheeze with discomfort but wth no severe coughing or gagging - this is generally releived by a ventollin inhaler.

the attacks cause me great distress - my nose sometimes starts to drip & expell thick mucus afterwhich i begin  to cough & wheeze  profusely to the point of gagging trying to clear my throat - the phlegm is clear, thick, extremely sticky & elastic like a spiders web.

after taking the inhaler it eventually subsides but only after i cough up about a teaspoonful of phlegm the consistancy of thick cream coloured with a very, very slight tinge of yellow.- the cycle continues on a daily basis & can last for 5 or 30 min ie until i clear the aforementioned.

strangely, i never have "the attacks" in front of anyone - my ex says it all psychological

can anyone please advise?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello lander if I was you I would try magnesium citrate 400mg &calcium 400mg per day it cleared my phlegm worth a try. Also read up on symptoms of magnesium deficiency good luck

• Posted

many thanks - will try anything to try & alleviate - how long did it take?

• Posted

I noticed a difference after 3 months I didn't take magnesium for phlegm I took it for my asthma but the phlegm dryed up good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.