Physical affect of anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is this really anxiety I feel really week legs and arms feel heavy and weak got a bad head keep needing to lie down as feel so light headed and feel like I am going to pass out I have it in my head I have a brain tumour any help would b grate

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Yes. It is. Because during this your body triggers off chemicals and hormones to protect your major organs. Those do stuff. Pools blood to major organs oeaving limbs tingly and wonbly and such. Shallows breathing making dizzy and a mess of other stuff. So yes. Yes it can do all this a lot more.  The body likes calm. 
    • Posted

I would love to feel the way all these normal people feel. Lol
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I feel like this 24/7 it's is awful I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Same I would as well

• Posted

Mine is 24/7 also. I've been on sertraline for 2 in a half weeks. I'm hoping that will help. I've had all kinds of tests done and my doctor says it's all anxiety. Anxiety can do some weird things that I never knew of! Lol

• Posted

My dr has done loads of test as well would like a ct scan of my headbut they have done neurological tests and said I was fine I just can't accept it

• Posted

I had a Ct done of my head. I had head pressure on my left side. I swore I had a brain tumor also! It came back normal and the pressure slowly faded away. Anxiety is the weirdest thing ever!
    • Posted

If they will give you a Ct scan do it! Because when it comes back normal it will give you peace of mind! I've had the same exact symtoms as you! I know everyone is different but I would guarantee that you don't have a brain tumor. I swore up and down I knew I had one and I ended up laughing at myself because I felt like it was silly after I had the normal Ct scan lol anxiety is a hard thing but I promise we will all get through it! Being patient and positive thinking is always the best thing to do even though I know it's hard.

• Posted

Thanks for that it has give me some reassurance
    • Posted

I hope it did!! I promise we sound identical lol I have had the same symptoms as you and I would've put money on it that something was wrong with me. Turns out there's nothing physically wrong. It's just anxiety that had me worried! I honestly don't think you have a brain tumor. If you can get a ct scan I would definitely do it because I promise when it comes back normal you will feel like a weight has lifted and you can breath better knowing that you're fine! smile

• Posted

Thanks going to get appoint with my gp to ask her again she must b sick of me lol
    • Posted

I thought the exact same thing lol they just think I'm just crazy! But they understand more than you think smile they chose this profession to help people! So don't ever second guess yourself when it comes to asking them for help. That's why they are there and I promise they won't think you've lost you marbles lol if you get a Ct scan let me know how it goes! If I had a million dollars I would bet it would be normal! wink

• Posted

Thanks I will do. When I go in to see doc she gives me the sat machine to do my own sats lol she does understand so that's good

• Posted

Kazza

If you suffer Anxiety and this is part of your diagnosis then that is what it is.

Your condition I feel is not a Brain Tumour, al I can suggest though if these are new experiences talk to your GP

BOB

• Posted

Thanks bob I suffer from crippling anxiety and it seems to through some other physical affect at me all the time just wish it would settle down for one day to give me a rest from it all
    • Posted

Your body is in "safe mode" because your anxiety is basically telling your brain that you're in danger. Even when you may not be. I know that sounds weird and maybe it makes sense. But the more you worry the more your body is trying to keep itself safe. Even though it may not feel that way, that's what's happening. Try to relax and tell yourself this is anxiety and I'm not going to let it worry me and there is nothing wrong with me!

• Posted

Thanks I am going to try my relaxation app on my phone
    • Posted

Yes that should help you! Being out in the sun also helps raise your seratonin levels! Anything to relax yourself will help! I'm here if you ever need motivation! smile

• Posted

Kazza 

Try and work out a diversion that will take your mind of your Anxiety.

Go for a walk, meet friends have a night out or go out for a drive.

I read and look at books of places I have been to, sometimes I work in the garden or take our Dog Pax out for a walk. We are going down to the beach tomorrow and in the afternoon will be in the garden weather permitting. Anything can work to divert any negativity you may have

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.