Physical illness and anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wondering if anybody else experiences their anxiety symtoms gets worse or returns , when you feel physical unwell? I'm feeling ill with flu like symtoms at the minute but without cough or sore throat and I feel I'm second guessing myself I'm I really ill or is it anxiety ? Normally I keep myself busy to deal with my anxiety but feel really frustrated that I'm not fit enough to battle through sad

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes yes YES! Flus and viruses definitely flare up my anxiety. Even bad stomach aches, that's definitely normal if you suffer from anxiety. Update is on your symptoms later on
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is my speciality haha. The heart of most of my triggers.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Seriously! It's awful as if its not bad enough being sick , took off work sick today but feel I need to go back tomorrow , because rather not be at home with my thoughts! But the upside is you hope to learn abit more every time !
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes! I'm going through the same right now, I had my gallbladder removed on the 1st but now I have a wound infection and an ear infection and feel like I'm coming down with something viral (hubby has been ill with a cough) so my anxiety is terrible, scanning every feeling and telling myself it something serious. I hate this.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

A lot of the time when my anxiety gets worse, my body feels sore like I have the flu, I feel very tired and maybe even nauseous. I experience chest pains from my anxiety a lot too. If you're not sure of yourself, make a visit to your doctor. It's better to be safe and have someone look at you every 6 months or so just for a check up. Doctors can also refer people you can go to so you can get set up with someone who can help you mentally. smile
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks sayri for your reply, I've had my anxiety for 16 yrs now & had different types of therapy but I'm still second guessing myself & always learning , take care smile
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up