Physical manifestations of anxiety/stress? Does anyone experience this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im currently 17 and i have had anxiety for majority of my life, even as a child. However over the past 3 years or so i have been going through a really stressful time with family issues etc. I dont have social anxiety i just stress and worry about everything, i might also add im a massive hypochondriac which is my main problem. I have had panic attacks all my life but recently they have gotten a lot worse and i have at least one a day. I have started to notice however that i had developed a postural tremor in my left hand (it only shook when held in a certain position). This then spread to my right hand, my arms, my knees (when bent) etc. This is acompanied by breathing problems, nausia, muscle pain/spasms, tingling, visual disturbances, headaches plus having a cold over and over which never seems to go away. I have seen a neurologist as being a hypochondriac, i immediately thought of MS once the tingling, spasms and tremors started however he confirmed that everything was fine. I have noticed that the tremor spreads every time i stress about something e.g. exams which i had recently. During the exam period the tremors spread to other joints and as well as this i missed half of my exams as i kept getting ill over and over with a new cold or bug. I was just wondering if these tremors were normal of anxiety and if anyone else has experienced or knows anything about them and could maybe shed some light on the situation as i am begining to panic a bit. Sorry this is so long, i felt background was necessary :') Thanks to anyone for reading and replying it is much appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm 17 years of age too and I I'm going through the exact same as you😞 missing school and exams from it too I can totally understand where your coming from 100% so trust me your not alone! I'm also a severe hypochondriac aswell! Always looking for reassurance from family friends and doctors and have been told time and time again that I'm perfectly healthy! Except I have anemia which kind of makes my anxiety worse! I've had quiet a lot of pannic attacks too and I really know how it feels it's not fun at all😞 I wish a was the person I was this time 6 months ago! So PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHAT ME BACK xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Rachel! You sound exactly like me hahah, i know what you mean about the reassurance thing thats why im here, do you experience any tremors? 

Its crazy to think what anxiety can cause but its good to know im not alone, i also have anemia wow hahah 

Thanks so so much for the reply it means a lot smile xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Me too! Looking for reassurance all the time in any way I can find it it's driving me crazy! Yes I do especially in my hands and legs in school especially it takes over and it's so annoying I'm sick of it😞 wow that is madness wer like the exact same oh my god! We should defienatly have a good chat! Can you private message on this?xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think I found a way to private message haha one sec il send you one now😊xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up