Physical symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

For over 2 years i have been through hell with this anxiety or at least that is what they tell me , so hard to believe that all this symptoms has no real base . Any way to keep it short i had any symptoms on the book lets say they i have been diagnose by me with so many disease from heart to any type of cancer . I had done so many test they i cant even remember. For almost one year my ears ring like crazy some day more some day least my vision sometime is ok sometime no . I have gone to doc done the test and everything ok . So my question is it normal for anxiety to experience this kind of symptoms ? because in my mind i have brain tumor . Im 33 and i have three kids so don't want to dye . They need me  . Thank you .     

0 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

Every symptom you described is a symptom of anxiety. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. 

Your thoughts are another symptom of anxiety....products of a tired,overworked,anxious mind.

If you had any of them thoughts normally you would brush them away and not give them a second thought but your anxious mind clings to a thought,obsesses over it and allows you to convince yourself that it's something much more sinister.

Once you get the physical symptoms under control...the thoughts of illnesses will subside. Try to get plenty if rest. Try to keep to a routine. Try to meditate,relax. Deep breathe. Take a hot bath with candles and soft music.

Find ways to totally relax your mind.....give it chance to rest and it will heal xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know Hun. It's a awful disorder.

If you read,there is a book that you may find very beneficial. It's called "At last a life" by Paul David.

It explain every symptom and sensation of anxiety and why it happens and tells you how to recover from it. It's been a Godsend for me in the way I think about my symptoms and anxiety as a whole. 

Anxiety is the product of a tired,overused mind and we tire it out even more by continuously going over and over what is happening,why it's happening,never giving our minds chance to rest so it's in a continuous loop if anxiety. Learning to relax with your thoughts....through meditation and deep breathing gives our minds much needed time out which it needs to start healing xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey 

Trust me its just anxiety if its anything else you will just know it.

Maybe just see a physiologist to help you control these thoughts.

From my experience the moment you stop doing tests your thoughts on illnesses will fade. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

By the way are you on medication cause if so it may cause the ringing in your ears
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you to both of you for your advises . Im not on any medication . So i have no idea  .like i said i dont go to doc anymore for any little thing because they will laugh , in your mind that little thing was very big and frighting . 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Ten. May I ask have you lost weight too?  Just curious as that is my situation right now. From the most part your symptoms sound like mine w the ringing in the ears and I gave actual pressure on 1 side too.  I've had a CT scan done as a workup for sinuses and everything was ok. I'm sure your fine too. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi! Yes i did lost wheight and was happening for like 6 months i got so skiny that everyone was asking .i did had an mri it was ok but the ringing is crezy more i pay attention worst it gets dont let me start with my symptoms cause i will not stop even with numbnes on my face ect ect................. 

Take care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

do try and go back and find a sympathetic doctor......medication may help you...or seeing a councellor....either way you do need some sort of help...like you say this has gone on too long and you cant sort it yourself...none of us can...thats why we are all on here. what has amazed me is that it can produse such physical symptoms!!...i never knew that...i was convinced i had a brain tumour.... that there was something wrong with my heart etc etc...and it is all in the mind...but we experience everything so physically!. its amazing what chemicals we release in our bodies that give us all these feelings.....i went and bought all new carbon monoxide detectors cos i thought that was making me 'dizzy' every day!. I dohope you manage to get some sort of help....there is no need for you to be suffering like this......it CAN get better and you can be 'normal' again.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you i know is hard ignoring the symptoms but is even harder when you trying to explain how bad you feel and people don't understand you ,is like i like being the way i am . So i don't bother talking anymore cause i would get very upset . Anyway i try my best day in and day out.

Take care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey ten. This is just anxiety. Its kind of funny but think of it that can anyone on this earth be so unlucky to have all types of diseases like a heart disease, brain tumor, cancer etc. No my friend..... this is not true. I say this because what you have is same as me. I had digestion problems earlier so i convinced myself that i have cancer. Whatever symptoms i read on internet eventually came to me. Then i imagined a new kind of disease and the symptoms changed to match that disease. Now i have a fear of heart disease and this time its very hard for me. The symptoms have caused me anxiety and panic attacks. I have been to docter many times. Got tests done and even 2 cardiologists have reassured me there is nothin wrong and i should not worry. But still as you know, the symptoms are so real that they are very hard to be igored. But its the only way to recover. Just ignore them. Have a belief that its just a anxiety and it will go with time. However it will take some time to get over it and may come and go again and again but after some time you will get over it. 

Just think it this way that why do these symptoms come only when your mind starts stressing over them and you will notice that after 3 or 4 days of your ignoring them the symptoms start diminishing. This only means that it just in your mind.

I hope you will do this. Also talking to people here with same problems and sharing their experience helps you and others a lot

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks dee335.thats what i have been trying to do ignoring them. I used to look every symptom on google and that was a disaster . I would check for one disase and come out with onather one even worst. So i stoped doing that. I just say what is meant to happend will and there is nothing i can do , cause i have done everything any test possible . Take care. This group is the only one that i can talk and understand what i go through .
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes i dont care anymore i know that the symptom will stay for a couple of days and then another one will show up  ,i dont even try to deal with it . Thats it i dont let any more this anxiety lead my life , trust me my mind thinks that something is wrong but i say :try me: i will not give up on this . Thanks for asking dee335.take care
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up