Physical Symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having worse than usual anxiety in recent months. Some of my physical symptoms include gas, chest pains, my body shakes, chills, tingling - my newest symptom is my teeth/jaw hurt. That happen to anyone else? I think it's from being so tense and clenching. I've been to the doctor several times and had bloodworm, ekg test, etc. and I have a full physical exam scheduled for June. I also have my first therapy appointment next week. Definitely trying to take the right steps but it helps reading other people's stories and knowing it's not just me.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi cait. unfortunately, it's most likely due to the anxiety. it's good u've had an ekg. hope u get it sorted with the therapy.

Caitlin

• Posted

Cait I get the chills and the tingling and find them the most upsetting of all the symptoms. Oh and the little muscle twitches. My teeth/jaw were bothering me too.....my dentist said I am grinding at night. Lovely. I have a chiropractor who practices kinesiology (muscle testing, its the best thing ever!!!!) and he uses network chiropractic (just gentle tough, no cracking ir twisting!) and made that jaw/teeth pain go away in 20 seconds. The chills are ridiculous. 

Where do you get your tingling? I am developing some really disturbing hypochondria from all these insane feelings!!!!!!

• Posted

Its not just you. So many suffer from these symptoms.  It is anxiety caused by severe stress. 
  • Posted

I've just started getting it in my top left teeth, it's also making my eye hurt and cheek on that side. I did notice myself clenching my jaw before I went to sleep, I stopped it but maybe it's that.

Anxiety symptoms are horrible, I also get a numb/tingling whole right side, headaches, shakes, fast heart rate, lump in my throat.

• Posted

Yes, anxiety related. I  have a dental guard to wear at night. I'm sure one day I shall wake up to find it completely chewed to pieces🙆 x
  • Posted

Thanks for the comments everyone. There is a part of me that knows it's all anxiety related but it's so hard to really convince my whole self of that. Hence the anxiety I guess! Vicious cycle - the anxiety causes the physical symptoms but the physical symptoms just give me more anxiety.
  • Posted

It's a bizzare  how anxiety mimics everything you could ever imagine that belongs to a worrying diseases or disorder.

Good luck with the therapy...things can only get better👍🏻x 

• Posted

I use to gind my teeth in my sleep.  I was able to have an orthodontist make a fitted mouth guard to wear when I sleep.  Saved my teeth and my jaw felt better in the morning.  I eventually stopped grinding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.