Physical symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone find that their depresison makes them physically ill? For example, if something happens that stresses me, I get heavily fatigued, headaches, bad stomach, sickness, irritable etc. At first I thought I was actually sick and returned to the doctors time and time again, had 14 blood tests, and ended up being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, but it’s only when I’m worried that I feel this way. Is this uncommon? I don’t feel particularly sad but I know I’m not happy, I don’t like my life right now and I’m showing classic symptoms of depression.

The problem is, feeling unwell like this, makes me think it’s not depression, I feel so sick all the time, my head hurts and I get hot sweats even in the British freezing weather! I just want to know Everyone else’s opinion, I know it can’t be CFS as I go to the gym and just come back from a party holiday, i just need clarification I think

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi dan, from what people have said IBS and ill health go hand in hand with each other, it's possible that that this is what's happened to you. I hope you get some support with your problems have you asked for CBT, mindfulness or anything like this?

• Posted

Hi Dan - yes, mental health directly links to physical health. Some people have higher states of tolerance to life events, some might relish the chaos, and yet others are distracted and/or distressed by them and this will affect mood, thinking, stability etc. If you are anti-meds, or meds don't work, therapy will help. Simplifying life will help. It's all connected. Understanding your condition will give you the tools to help recognise any triggers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.