Physical Symptoms Making Me (More) Anxious.....Again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Having a rough few days with respect to physical symptoms, especially dizziness/off-balance feelings and general "wooly-headedness" (tough to explain, but it's as though I can't really concentrate on anything and my mind feels fuzzy)....every time these symptoms come back, I find myself convinced that something is seriously wrong with me, and that it can't be "just" anxiety, despite having been assured by doctors that it is indeed the case. I'm trying to stay busy and not focus on how I'm feeling, but that's easier said than done (as evidenced by the fact that I'm posting on this forum)....I have an appointment with a new psych doctor tomorrow and I'm really hoping that it helps...this is exhausting!

Just wanted to rant...I'd love any reassurance and/or advice anyone has to offer....take care

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same situation with you in this last 4 days, wearykitty. I go for a walk when I feel anxious, and it really helps me. Maybe you should try as well 
  • Posted

For myself, I learned that I would get a light-headed feeling and pins and needles all over my body when I'd start to get anxious - because I would start to breath more shallowly.  So I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my body.  And these feelings would increase my level of anxiety.  I learned that if I do slow abdominal breathing, the physical sensations would go away, and it would help my anxiety too.  There is lots of good info online about how to do abdominal breathing - and a fun app called Belly Bio.  It might be worth checking out.  Best wishes - 
    • Posted

Hello I wonder does anyone ever had gagging and trembling in her/his legs like me. Because I am having it for 3 days sad and it increases my anxiety. The intresting thing is I found out that its a full moon, maybe thats why I am depressed and anxious in last 3days. I dont know sad Does anyone notice it too or its just me?
  • Posted

I know what you mean.i feel the same.
    • Posted

Really. At least its not my interpretation.How are you today?
    • Posted

I felt a little better today I took a muscle relaxer , but I still felt a little bit anxious but tolerable.i don't want to have to take something though.
  • Posted

I have a similar problem.  I have had GAD most of my life and 8 years ago I was in heart failure.  I recovered.  But I have palpitations all the time.  I have not seen a cardiologist in almost 4 years, but they assured me that GAD really sucks when you have had a heart problem.  I haven't had issues with panic really, but I think I am developing them.  I am anxious most of the time.  I am changing medication again, and that never helps, at least in the transition.  So I am completely freaked out by the palpitations.  

The things that have helped me in the past include exercise.  Sometimes I think I'll explode if I exercise, but it dissipates a lot of the physical part of anxiety.  I worked late today and it is too late to exercise - I live in the US and it is almost midnight.  I also use a lot of guided meditations and guided hypnosis, much of it from YouTube, and much of it is very good.  I am going to call the new psychiatrist to try to get back in before my appointment.  If I have any insights, I'll reply again.  It also helps to talk about it.  So thanks.  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.