Physical symtoms of depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

I give birth nearly 6 weeks ago I love my baby so much but I still feel it's all overwhelming it's my third child and the whole pregnancy was a shock I didn't find out until I was 3 months pregnant and it was happy days but I went through alot of stress which kind of never let me bond with my bump well he's here now and I love him so much but since a week postpartum I started to have fears because previous pregnancy I hemmoraged after it I was convinced it would happen again anyways it didn't but things did kinda happen that was similar including heavily bleeding so of course I freaked don't my anxiety was very high but anyways to the point I have been dizzy now like on a boat for 31 days ! No end in sight to it now when I stand I feel weak and get a scared feeling in my chest and legs and heart races even when I'm sat down I'm spinning I've been feeling so down I feel like I'm failing my family due to unavle to walk because the dizziness I want to be in bed all day I have no motivation I've let my house my gorgeous clean house turn into a bomb site ! I have to push myself to shower I feel numb I cry alot and have had thoughts that I'd be better off not here does it sound like depression causing all this ? On top of this I'm having a brain tumour scare so my doctor can't assume it's anxiety/depression until I've had my scan that's his own words I feel like my whole life is not real anymore I don't want to see anybody I don't even go out unless I'm forced to ( doctors ect ) I don't even want to see family anymore I feel so awful why don't I feel normal I don't self harm but I have dug my nails into my skin and left marks when been angry at myself and it helps me I don't understand what's happening I'm scaring myself

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You went to the doctors then X Awww your having a tough time is he concerned or sending you for peace of mind X
  • Posted

I have the same symptoms, sephyx. Keep myself isolated, don't want to see anyone
  • Posted

I went back to doctors today am week12-13 of feeling the same way he's gave me antidepressants I wonder can it be possible to have all these symptoms too heavy head comes and goes random dizzy spells that scare me they don't happen as often now but are horrid when they do buzzing in ears on and off heart races and flutters weak arms he's said he's happy that's that's what it is but to go back in three weeks and if I can't shake this horrible feeling that something is wrong off he will send me for a brain scan to settle my mind Iknow deep down I'm probably fine and was never anxious before but this has all happened since. My late miss carriage so in a way it does all make sense but my point o them is I'm only anxious because I feel like this
  • Posted

congratulations on your third baby.  I hope you can manage, but mothers suffer all the time with post natal depression so  don't despair do your best for your child.

All the best 

richard.

• Posted

Oh you poor thing ... After a lm unexpected pregnancy with good reason to be anxious it sounds like your anxiety system has gone into overdrive ...I had my first major Depression after my third child .., I couldn't understand what was the problem as I knew what I was doing and the baby was wonderful ... I waited a year to get help - I wish I had gone sooner ....

See your doctor .... Get medication if need be... Talk about how you feel ... Get as much help as possible with the house and meals - ASK for help - you deserve it and your children need you

Big hug

• Posted

These sound like classic symptoms of depression and anxiety, trust your doctor and don't try to rush things. 

I hope you get the help you need very soon, my heart aches for you. 

Pat xxx

• Posted

I'm so sorry but u are in deep depression. Do I have help with your children. You need to talk to someone and get on some meds I know that I think life is over but its not u have to take care of yourself because you won't be able to take care of your children. Once you get these meds in your system u will feel some much better. Please take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.