Physio

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was confused yesterday when a PT told me I need to come back for the next 2 weeks 2 times a week. I already am past therapy timeframe as my surgeon told me at least six weeks and then I'm on my own. Plus I owed them $$$. I called my PA. And she asked me how am I doing and I told her how I feel and my strength and weaknesses. She said I can do this on my own as long as I keep up. And she will see me next Friday which will be 8th week! She may say I need therapy and if I do I will be going to someone else whom I've known them for several years. I am so relieved because of my arthritis which I cannot take flare ups.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mona, I'm not really sure what you mean. I'd love to help so please let us know more in order to help.

• Posted

I really did most of the work on my own. it's just a matter of keeping at it several times a day . . .If you have a hydrotherapy pool near you that's nice, but not essential by any means.  I didn't have any of the things which people say are helpful, like static bike, or skateboard (only for pushing the leg backwards and forwards, no trying to do loop the loop yet) and I got there in the end, to 135 bend and 0 extension.  It just takes a bit of perseverance!

• Posted

Hi martinarvelo, would you mind letting  me know what exercises you've been doing?

• Posted

Nothing special  Just the ones tey advise. . lie on the bed and draw the hell up towards you ten times.  Lift leg straight,NOT too high, ten times. slide lege left to right without raising the heel ten . .Sit on edge of bed and swing the leg up and down, maintain it up straight now and again. when sitting, push as far as you can without really hurting trying to increase the bend a little bit daily. if there's a way of marking it so you can see the progress it's a good idea. lie face down on the bed and let your lower leg hang over the edge. . this is to improve the extension. Pull the knee back by crossing ankles and pushing . . These exercises I did as often as I could remember to do them, and the other ones on the bed at least three times a day.  I did go to a hydrotherapy pool three or four times . . it was nice and the warm water really helps to do a lot of exercise, walking through the water, etc. . . So as I say, nothing very exciting!!!

• Posted

Oh dear, I really must learn to read it through!  draw the HEEL up, not hell!

• Posted

Thanks so much for writing that out for me (us) that's very kind of you!

• Posted

Sure.What I was explaining that it was my understanding I only need 6 weeks of therapy. I was starting to feeling a little bit better. My therapist requested more therapy. So I ok'd another week. Which makes 7th week. Last day of the 7th week, I quit on 2 occasions. One was she had me used the big ball and had me roll to bend and straighten my leg. When I got to straighten part. She pushed my knee further down and my calf felt like sharp shooting pains and when it's time to bend, I can't move my knee like its locked! Two was I owed them $$$ and can't pay them yet. I am doing my home exercises and icing. As well as taking short walks. Its been 3 days and I am in pain from that therapy! Tomorrow is my 8th week of recovery. Hope my explanation helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.