Physio class

Posted , 8 users are following.

I attended my first advanced tkr physio class today and it went really well, my bend was measured at 105 degrees and did an hours worth of exercises,not bad at 4 weeks post op,physio says he wants to see me next week and that will probably be my last week...so happy right now,and thanks you guys for your encouragement...xx

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done - that's brilliant!! 🎉🎉😆😆😆
  • Posted

I'm impressed with a whole hour's exercises Lou!  I am just under 4 weeks and manage half an hour's at a go (three times a day) but that exhausts me!

I don't have access to 'advanced physio' but the physio did put me through my paces and left me with some taxing exercises.   Anyway, well done you!

• Posted

well done im struggling to understand yer system can you explain what is advanced physio class?       we go to physio its just a big room with about 6 beds and a bike and a few bits and pieces physio checks range and gives us excersises to do and she comes back every so often to check progress as she has others with maybe hip ops or shoulder or other knee ops so not just tkrs  yours sounds more structured
    • Posted

Hi linda 

yes here on the wirral,we have classes just for people who have their knee done and a separate class for hips,usually at 4 weeks you start in the standard class of physio which is the basic class and you stay there for 3 weeks,then go on to the advanced class,which i went straight into...we are so lucky here to have good physio at the hospital for as long as its needed..like yours its a big room with exercise bikes,treadmills,exercise balls for sitting on to improve the bend,and all sorts of other torture implements lol xx

• Posted

sounds great wish we had that and i agre with kirk i hate you too  !!! 105 i would be soooooooooo happy if i got that
    • Posted

Me too I would dance half naked up the street!!!! Well second thoughts maybe not
    • Posted

lol...maybe not for me either...tell you what chris,im feeling bloody shattered now...

• Posted

Lou...I hate you 105 oh how I am so jealous!!
    • Posted

Lou don't be sorry you should be proud stand up and beat your chest and roar like a lion you deserve it. I'm very happy for you!!!
    • Posted

oh i did all of those things,lol and thank you..
  • Posted

Wow 105 well done!!!!  That's fantastic news. You must be very pleased.  What Set of exercises do you do and how often? I'm icing more and doing my exercises more slowly and stretching biggrin
    • Posted

hi chris,

i exercise i exercise 4 times a day for 15 minutes at time,basically im on the bed on my tum and lift the leg and hold for a count of 20 then i use my good leg to lift my bad knee and see how far i can bend it back and hold...marching on the spot and sitting in a dining chair and lifting the leg up and hold it there for a count of 5.its just what i was advised to do by the physio....and tomorrow im buying one of those exercise balls what you sit on to help with the bend.....its just doing what you are comfortable with,and dont do too much..cool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.