Physio week 2 - the scores on the doors

Posted , 4 users are following.

Evening all, into my 2nd week of physio ( 4 1/2 weeks post Revision TKR) - my extension is still at zero degrees, but my bend has improved from 75 degrees last Thursday to 85 degrees today! Happy days, just need to keep it up now!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Terri. I'm just about even with you. I have TKR 5 weeks ago and my bend yesterday was 85 with 0 straight. Swelling was a problem but getting better. Still using a walker because I was to insecure with the cane. I'll be interested to see how you're doing.

• Posted

That is great Terri, keep up the good work! I have been having a lot of anxiety about my bend. I am 9 weeks post op tomorrow and just went from 100 to 115 in a matter of weeks. Therapist can even push it to 120 however it does hurt. Physical therapy is so important and with hard work you will get to where you need to be. Stay positive!
  • Posted

Well done Terri. You are kicking it's a**e!

Recovery well underway.

Take care

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Great Terri:-))))  Improvement is what it's about, isn't it.  It doesn't matter what point you start from, but an improvement is good!  I went backwards a bit - went from just over 115 at three weeks, down to 110 then 108 because of that awful cramping pinching behind the knee when my physio said to stop pushing it for a couple of weeks, but now at four weeks am back to 112 again, so I'm happy how it's going really.  I'm stopping pushing it where I just begin to feel as though it's going to pinch/cramp (whatever it is).  But it was the heat applied on it that made all the difference!  I really got quite down when it all seemed to be going backwards so fast though!  This is all a real roller coaster on emotions, isn't it LOL!  The highs are SO high, but then the lows can really get to you!  I find these days I'm often sitting on the recliner with both knees up bent, comfortably, and from time to time, just tighten that bend a bit, very gently, then release it slightly.  I think for me personally it's about doing things gently rather than pushing too hard.  It's so good with your improvement though!  It's an encouragement for all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.