Pies.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know i shouldnt have but I had a meat and potato pie last night and 5 hrs later i had stomach pain and the runs dont know if it was the pastry or the filling,any body else have problems with them? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd say it was probably the filling. What was in the pie?  beef, chicken, turkey, veggies?  I have diverticulitis (pockets in the bowels) and can't eat red meat but I'm fine with chicken, turkey and fish.  Also can't eat peas anymore(skins). I get the same way after eating even a small portion.
  • Posted

Maybe just too much and too heavy; it would not be an infection that fast; but a bad reaction (garlic and sprouts would do the same to me).  Maybe just have a TINY portion another time to test?
    • Posted

It was prob the high fat conten in the pie,i had a little cream with my xmas pudding and was up in the night with the same problem and now my stomach is very tender,its my own fault,i have no wilpower.
    • Posted

Christmas pudding?!  When I first got this nasty diverticulitis I was advised by a dietician to avoid all seeds nuts pips etc and not to ever forget that dried fruit has dried pips/seeds (grape seeds) and so mincepies and christmas pudding would be forever off limits.  So you just ate a bowlful of dried seeds...!!!!
    • Posted

I dont have a problem with nuts or dried fruit,i eat prunes and sultanas everyday with my porridge or mueseli ,its high fat foods that seem to bother me,i think the cranberry sauce could bother me because that is loaded with sugar, even homemade.But its all trial and error.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.