Pink spotting for a day - 18 months into menopause - advice?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello ladies.... I found a couple of old threads on here that were relevant but as I said, one was 4 years old. So I'm asking if anyone else is /has experienced this recently?

?I had a tiny bit of cramp yesterday on and off through the day the cramp was milder but similar to the old feeling I had just before a period (my periods were v painful and one thing I'm not happy to leave behind!) and twice when I went to wee when I wiped there was a little pink smear on toilet paper.

I of course googled (note to self  -YOU ARE AN IDIOT) and upset my day completely.

?I've got in to docs tomorrow but I suppose I'm looking for a bit of reassurance. Instinct says get it checked. Because of the cramp more than anything. If it had just been a bit of blood and no pain I might have assumed a slight scratch or some such.

I last had a period March 2016 - so 18 months ago.

?Trying not to make any leaps but menopause has made me v antsy.

?I also have a Bartholin Cyst and wondered if that might be playing up. I guess the GP is my best option but anyone with similar situation, drop me a line?

?Thanks!   

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it.  Woman continue to produce estrogen even after their periods stop.  It just sounds like your ovaries were doing a little dance.  I have know women who had a full period after menopause.  

• Posted

Thanks for that...made me smile...kind of like the idea of my ovaries having a little dance. About the only part of me that feels like dancing I can tell you!

Feeling fed up of seemingly random symptoms that appear from research to be menopause related. This was just another kick in the pants.

Still think I need to fill GP in as slight gripe of pain continued today ( no pink on wiping though) & I just can't put it out of my mind.

Really appreciate your replying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.