Pins and needles and crazy thoughts..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all again. Been on seraline 50mgs since July this year and its been a up and down journey.. I will say more ups than downs. My low mood has lifted but anxiety is still there. Albeit it is not the same level as before. The volume has been turned down.

I have been having bouts of pins and needles around my face arms and back? Anyone else had this?

This morning I had some really crazy thoughts which I haven't had for a while. They are basically that I'm losing control and that I will go crazy. I don't know if the trigger has been this, a girl I work with confided in me and told me her boyfriend has been diagnosed with schizophrenia at the age of 35. I think that has played on my mind and now I think I'm going the same way..

Please advise if any of you feel or have felt this way and how you dealt with it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jay!

I'm sure your coworker confiding in you has a lot to do with it. Anything can trigger the anxiety. Especially when you are already in that mind set that you are "going crazy". I read something once and it said "if you think you are going crazy, you are not. People who are crazy do not recognize that they are crazy". I honestly have to refer back to that all the time! Maybe your dosage should be upped? 50mg is very low - check with your dr! Good luck!

• Posted

Hi ABBY. Thanks for replying. I think you are right. When we have anxiety and someone tells you their partner has schizophrenia then our brains go on overtime mode.

I am going to the docs on Wed and I do feel I should up to maybe even 75 and see how it goes. I'm scared of upping again due to the rather nasty side effects when I first started but hey I am still here. I am feeling I'm starting to get more agitated again so maybe I do need to up the meds..

One day I will get through this

• Posted

I would highly suggest only going from 50mg to 75mg. When I went from 50mg to 100mg I had horrible side effects. I actually went back down to 50mg for a little while then went up to 75mg with minimal side effects. Eventually I got to 125mg. This time around I started at 50mg and I'm currently on 75mg knowing I need to take it up to 100mg in a few days.

• Posted

Thanks ABBY. I started on 25 but even then I halved that for about a week then went up to 25 then when I increased to 50 I gradually got to 50 over a week. I think I will prob do the same when I go up to 75.. I'm such a chicken.

Good luck with yours hun and let me know how you go.

I'm also getting stressed cause I'm going away on holiday over new year and I really want to be better. Because I'm putting a time frame on it.. its making me worse.

Good grief what a journey

• Posted

I am doing the same thing about a getaway in mid October! Crazy how our minds work. We need to focus on today and today only!

I'm certain you will be just fine by the time your trip rolls around! smile

• Posted

Ya, this is 100% right. You don't want to double the dose, it'll really make you feel like sh*t. Take it as slow as you can, and do it incrementally like Abby said

• Posted

If you have been usettled by the diagnosis of Schizophrenia that your friend at works boyfriend has you need to put that to the back of your mind, that is someones elses diagnosis so you have no reason to consider that you will come out in sympathy with the poor man.

With regards your itches it depends on the medications you may be taking, so I would advise you see your GP and He will be able to see the areas around where you have been scratching. Let us know how you get on

BOB

• Posted

So went to the docs and she has told me to up to 75 mgs of sertaline. ShE said the fact I am having good days is good enough and she wants to see me having more good days. I think when I have a bad day or moment it feels more intense as im not used to being calm.

So now ofcourse I dred taking the meds tonight as im sure once again I will have side effects. So here goes bye bye 50mgs and hello 75..

She also said that 50 is a really low dosage and is usually the starting dose so need to try be positive.

If anyone has any positive feedback please do post

Thanks jay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.